PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OT - The new way to schedule

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OT - The new way to schedule

Postby CA Mustang » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:57 am

CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: OT - The new way to schedule

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:06 am

Hey- that's pretty cool.

Rick is pretty active on Twitter, maybe he'll start hitting up some other ADs for OOC games. Would be awkward if they said no, though.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:08 am

Another thing- I think a school like Mississippi State is one we should try to schedule in the future. They're an SEC school that would love exposure in Dallas, but they're not an Alabama or LSU that can fill up Jerryworld. Would be a nice home-and-home, I think. Ole Miss, Vandy, and Mizzou fit the bill too.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:37 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Another thing- I think a school like Mississippi State is one we should try to schedule in the future. They're an SEC school that would love exposure in Dallas, but they're not an Alabama or LSU that can fill up Jerryworld. Would be a nice home-and-home, I think. Ole Miss, Vandy, and Mizzou fit the bill too.

Only if we ban cowbells in Ford Stadium
CalallenStang

Postby squire » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:51 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Another thing- I think a school like Mississippi State is one we should try to schedule in the future. .

Really? So what you are saying, is you want to replace a non conference, blowout loss to a local rival (Baylor, TCU, A&M, Tx Tech, take your pick), or a winnable non conf, game, with one against an SEC team that looks to be capable of hanging with Alabama, Auburn, and LSU in the SEC West.
Great Idea. How about trying Kentucky or Vanderbilt first? SMU might be able to stay within 35 points of those SEC teams. If they take their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter.
squire
Junior Varsity

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:25 am

squire wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Another thing- I think a school like Mississippi State is one we should try to schedule in the future. .

Really? So what you are saying, is you want to replace a non conference, blowout loss to a local rival (Baylor, TCU, A&M, Tx Tech, take your pick), or a winnable non conf, game, with one against an SEC team that looks to be capable of hanging with Alabama, Auburn, and LSU in the SEC West.
Great Idea. How about trying Kentucky or Vanderbilt first? SMU might be able to stay within 35 points of those SEC teams. If they take their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter.

Schedule Kentucky in both hoops and football.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby squire » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 am

Good Idea. Home and home for both basketball and football.
squire
Junior Varsity

Postby dirtysouthpony » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 pm

squire wrote:

We could hang with any of the lower echelon of the SEC in football. (Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Kentucky) Those Mississippi schools would travle to Dalls in big numbers. Ole Mis would be really intriguing with all of the shared cultural identity between the schools.
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Return to Football