PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Greetings from the Mean Green

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Greetings from the Mean Green

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 pm

WOW! Congrats to everyone who replied to this thread, I guess me included. This is proof we are small time. Someone from NT posts something fairly innocent and it evolves into a [deleted] match. Very sad. As a football fan base this is what we've become, not to mention really douchie. Sit tight, I'm sure Texas St will come talking trash soon. Get your ammo ready. We're soon to be a big boy in the kiddie pool. Awesome! BTW, thank god we have bball.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RebStang » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:Talk all the [deleted] you want. UNT is a crap school that almost no one outside of Texas has ever heard of.

Also, you better hope the SMU program takes off in the coming years because that's your only hope of ever improving your conference affiliation. We'll block you from ever getting into the American or whichever conference we're in, but you can keep tagging along one step behind us. I remember when we were in C-USA- that was cute.

Yep... NTSU is where you go if you can't even get into Texas Tech or Colin County Community College. The reason they charge to their graduates to get a printed degree is because the degrees aren't actually worth the paper they're printed on.
RebStang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:16 am

LA_Mustang wrote:WOW! Congrats to everyone who replied to this thread, I guess me included. This is proof we are small time. Someone from NT posts something fairly innocent and it evolves into a [deleted] match. Very sad. As a football fan base this is what we've become, not to mention really douchie. Sit tight, I'm sure Texas St will come talking trash soon. Get your ammo ready. We're soon to be a big boy in the kiddie pool. Awesome! BTW, thank god we have bball.

Thank god somebody realizes you don't talk smack with NTSU-you ignore them
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby MeanGreen90 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 am

LA_Mustang wrote:WOW! Congrats to everyone who replied to this thread, I guess me included. This is proof we are small time. Someone from NT posts something fairly innocent and it evolves into a [deleted] match. Very sad. As a football fan base this is what we've become, not to mention really douchie. Sit tight, I'm sure Texas St will come talking trash soon. Get your ammo ready. We're soon to be a big boy in the kiddie pool. Awesome! BTW, thank god we have bball.

The last 26 years of college football is proof that you are "small time," if that is what you want to call it.

By some of the responses on here, you would think I had stumbled onto Orangebloods website by mistake.

Like it or not, we play the same level of college football. We compete for many of the same recruits (and we are more than holding our own, by the way), are located 40 miles apart, and play each other for he next 12 years. Apparently your administration doesn't share some of y'all's snobbery when it comes to little ole UNT.

Also, our football future will not be decided by you or TCU. If we continue a commitment to athletics (definitely not a sure thing with UNT's history) and continue to win at college football, things will take care of themselves.

Many of you know this, and it scares the hell out of you.

Also, I always find it funny when folks downgrade other universities' academics. I guess you win at school? Meanwhile, those of us who work and have actual accomplishments in life past a piece of paper from a college kinda just snicker at this foolishness.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:57 am

Seriously dude? You're the one coming on to an opposing school's message board throwing out "30K millionaire" and "mortgaged degree" and "snobbery". Is that really supposed to be taken seriously?

My wife went to UNT and several of the kids I grew up with in rural East Texas went there as well. I've got nothing personal against the school. That said, the only case of collegiate little d*ck syndrome that I've ever seen that compares to the UNT obsession with SMU is Aggy to UT. I really don't understand it. SMU and UNT are in no way competing for the same caliber of prospective students and have nothing whatsoever in common other than proximity. Get over it already.

Also, and I'm asking this seriously, what are the ramifications of the $84M in questionable state funds? My wife was telling me that serious budget cuts are already being implemented and some programs might get slashed completely out of the curriculum.

But what do I know right? I'm just a $30K millionaire drinking cranberry vodka's at Idle Rich hoping to pay off my mortgaged education.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 am

And as for being small time you're absolutely right. We are. But give me a conference that has Central Florida, South Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, Navy, and Temple over one with Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee State, UTEP, Marshall, UAB, and whoever the hell else is left to rot and die in the Sun Belt 2.0
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby MeanGreen90 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:19 am

StallionsModelT wrote:Seriously dude? You're the one coming on to an opposing school's message board throwing out "30K millionaire" and "mortgaged degree" and "snobbery". Is that really supposed to be taken seriously?

My wife went to UNT and several of the kids I grew up with in rural East Texas went there as well. I've got nothing personal against the school. That said, the only case of collegiate little d*ck syndrome that I've ever seen that compares to the UNT obsession with SMU is Aggy to UT. I really don't understand it. SMU and UNT are in no way competing for the same caliber of prospective students and have nothing whatsoever in common other than proximity. Get over it already.

Also, and I'm asking this seriously, what are the ramifications of the $84M in questionable state funds? My wife was telling me that serious budget cuts are already being implemented and some programs might get slashed completely out of the curriculum.

But what do I know right? I'm just a $30K millionaire drinking cranberry vodka's at Idle Rich hoping to pay off my mortgaged education.

Reading comprehension must be ignored at SMU? Read what is in the parentheses after that statement, my friend.

We absolutely compete for the same recruits. If don't understand that, you have either an inflated opinion of SMU football or devalued opinion of UNT football. And you are right about many of our fans playing Aggie to your UT, or Tech to your Aggie. said that throughout this thread if you would bother to read. I don't understand it and never will.

As far as the 84 million is concerned, we are all waiting to hear what will be done. Again, if you read all my posts, you would have noticed several unflattering references to past UNT administrations. We are waiting to see if the cuts will be on the back of athletics, as they have been in the past. Word is that the state is going to forgive a portion of the debt. We shall see. It wouldn't surprise me if we began playing 2 away games against major P5s every year for the athletic department "to do our part." One of the consequences of this "accounting error" is that we will not be able to add baseball, as previously planned, in 2015. And we all know that CUSA is a great baseball conference. Typical terrible UNT administrative problems. If the administration cared half as much for the university as the graduates, we would have "passed you by" years ago.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

StallionsModelT wrote:Seriously dude? You're the one coming on to an opposing school's message board throwing out "30K millionaire" and "mortgaged degree" and "snobbery". Is that really supposed to be taken seriously?

Reading comprehension must be ignored at SMU? Read what is in the parentheses after that statement, my friend.

We absolutely compete for the same recruits. If don't understand that, you have either an inflated opinion of SMU football or devalued opinion of UNT football. And you are right about many of our fans playing Aggie to your UT, or Tech to your Aggie. said that throughout this thread if you would bother to read. I don't understand it and never will.

As far as the 84 million is concerned, we are all waiting to hear what will be done. Again, if you read all my posts, you would have noticed several unflattering references to past UNT administrations. We are waiting to see if the cuts will be on the back of athletics, as they have been in the past. Word is that the state is going to forgive a portion of the debt. We shall see. It wouldn't surprise me if we began playing 2 away games against major P5s every year for the athletic department "to do our part." One of the consequences of this "accounting error" is that we will not be able to add baseball, as previously planned, in 2015. And we all know that CUSA is a great baseball conference. Typical terrible UNT administrative problems. If the administration cared half as much for the university as the graduates, we would have "passed you by" years ago.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

MeanGreen90
Recruit

MeanGreen90
Recruit

We absolutely compete for the same recruits. If you don't understand that, you have either an inflated opinion of SMU football or devalued opinion of UNT football. And you are right about many of our fans playing Aggie to your UT, or Tech to your Aggie. Said that throughout this thread if you would bother to read. I don't understand it and never will.

MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:24 am

Wow, the coveted quintuple post!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby MeanGreen90 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 am

StallionsModelT wrote:And as for being small time you're absolutely right. We are. But give me a conference that has Central Florida, South Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, Navy, and Temple over one with Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee State, UTEP, Marshall, UAB, and whoever the hell else is left to rot and die in the Sun Belt 2.0

Kinda like an atom bragging about it's size to a neutron, don't you think?

Pretty ridiculous.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby MeanGreen90 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 am

StallionsModelT wrote:And as for being small time you're absolutely right. We are. But give me a conference that has Central Florida, South Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, Navy, and Temple over one with Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee State, UTEP, Marshall, UAB, and whoever the hell else is left to rot and die in the Sun Belt 2.0

Kinda like an atom bragging about it's size to a neutron, don't you think?

Pretty ridiculous.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby MeanGreen90 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:31 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Wow, the coveted quintuple post!

Ya, went to edit and it just re-posted.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Football