PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Greetings from the Mean Green

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Greetings from the Mean Green

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Should be plenty of room to stretch out.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:29 pm

ponyboy wrote:All real SMU fans in the area will be at the game in Denton. I will be there. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That time of the month?
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU2007 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:I like that we scheduled the UNT series. They will bring a good crowd to Ford and there's no reason we shouldn't beat them by at least two TDs every year.

It's a no-win situation. we either beat them like we are "expected" to, or we lose to a sunbelt team...
SMU2007

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Maybe we'll get lucky with a late rally to win by 1.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Moreso in this game than others that we play in (ie, playing a team in the same general vicinity in a lower-level conference), I think that if this game is close or we lose it will expose Jones for the fraud he currently is and show the poor position of our football program to the mass population/press. All the goodwill/momentum that he created during the initial years (which SMU fans know fully well has now eroded) will be gone, and knowing this will not just be limited to SMU fans.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

I'll be there as long as my true loves TCU or UT aren't playing at same time. Geez-SMU fans are GREAT!!!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby couch 'em » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:01 am

I think by percentage we are no worse than everyone else. A predicted poor team heading into a likely humiliating loss to a lower program will have many abstainers.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:50 am

Ill be there... glad to hear they're selling beer because Im worried that Im gonna need a few....
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby fussbudget » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 pm

CenTXpony wrote:Ill be there... glad to hear they're selling beer because Im worried that Im gonna need a few....

Schadenfreude? I'll go with Schadenfun.
fussbudget
Recruit

Postby MeanGreen90 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:16 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Yes, that's the stadium's opening game against Houston. There's Case Keenum in his tenth year of eligibility.
but unless things have changed, it's a long walk to the stadium from open parking lots unless you get there quite early and park at the Super Pit across the highway, which is still a bit further than parking at Mockingbird Station for SMU games.

Things have change, my Cougar friend.

THere is now a foot bridge over I35 that connects the Fouts parking lot and the Hill tailgating are immediately east of the stadium. 1/4 mile walk from Fouts to Apogee.

I'm sure you preppy boys are far too good to ride DART and take a shuttle to the game. I mean, your girlfriends might find out that you all come from actual $30K millionaire families that are soaked with student loan, fancy clothing, and impressive 8 year old beemer debt from which it will take most of your 30s to recover. (Not really how I feel, but we need to get this so-called "rivalry" going).

As to how many fans we will bring to your place next year? That is completely dependent on if we have a repeat bowl team this year. If we win 7 games or more (not impossible as we have a cupcake schedule... I mean, we play you guys, after all), look for us to bring 10k strong into Ford. Hell, I was there for the 2007 game. We were terrible and still just about matched your "fan base."

On a side note, some of the posts in here remind me of our basketball forum.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby gostangs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm

we have a great fan base considering the following:
1) size of school
2) lack of success (and no - poor to average bowl games just aren't that interesting)
3) conference foes with no rivalry potential whatsoever
4) head coach that is emotionally void
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote: look for us to bring 10k strong into Ford.

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 pm

UNT reminds me of us after our first Hawaii Bowl win. Really cocky, thinking we can beat a P5 team and then getting our asses handed to us. Harsh reality when you realize you really weren't that great.
Pony ^

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:05 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:Yes, that's the stadium's opening game against Houston. There's Case Keenum in his tenth year of eligibility.
but unless things have changed, it's a long walk to the stadium from open parking lots unless you get there quite early and park at the Super Pit across the highway, which is still a bit further than parking at Mockingbird Station for SMU games.

THere is now a foot bridge over I35 that connects the Fouts parking lot and the Hill tailgating are immediately east of the stadium. 1/4 mile walk from Fouts to Apogee.

I'm sure you preppy boys are far too good to ride DART and take a shuttle to the game. I mean, your girlfriends might find out that you all come from actual $30K millionaire families that are soaked with student loan, fancy clothing, and impressive 8 year old beemer debt from which it will take most of your 30s to recover. (Not really how I feel, but we need to get this so-called "rivalry" going).

As to how many fans we will bring to your place next year? That is completely dependent on if we have a repeat bowl team this year. If we win 7 games or more (not impossible as we have a cupcake schedule... I mean, we play you guys, after all), look for us to bring 10k strong into Ford. Hell, I was there for the 2007 game. We were terrible and still just about matched your "fan base."

Well.... glad we're someone's superbowl I guess....
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby MeanGreen90 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:27 pm

CenTXpony wrote:
MeanGreen90 wrote:

Well.... glad we're someone's superbowl I guess....

Na, you aren't our superbowl, just a non-conference local opponent with whom we battle for the same recruits with and play for the next 12 years (too long of a series, if you ask me).

Don't know where you get that I think you are our Superbowl? If its because I said we will bring 10k to your place if we have a bowl team this year, realize that has very little to do with you and much more to do with the fact that we have a rear end load of alumni in Dallas. 39k worth for an 11AM game in the HOD bowl. UNLV brought the other 500.

Last year started to wake up a few alums. We need to continue to be a bowl team this year to further those raised eyebrows. If we do, we will have more fans at Ford than SMU. It's just a matter of demographics.

Personally, I see you guys as an interesting game and a barometer for both teams to figure out where they are after butt stompings by Big 12 powers in week one.

The fact that some of you think you will automatically beat us by 2 TDs doesn't reflect well on your mortgaged educations. This will be a very close game. Glad we get you at home first in this series.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Football