PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU by Position - 2015

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU by Position - 2015

Postby ClickClack » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 pm

I hope someone steps up alongside the Rice transfer and allows Yenga to play OLB. Even though he may be our best option in the middle, he is out of position and should be playing OLB..he was great coming off the edge last year and made numerous plays in the backfield.

Seals needs to step up if Yenga is going to be in the middle. Also can't forget about Longoria who should play special teams and push for time at LB.

Hope the JUCO Tui steps up, not sure how effective he will be in coverage though.
ClickClack
All-American

Postby jimhagle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

4-3 or 3-4 we are lucky just to have Nwosu.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:02 pm

actually didn't play last year due to injury. Preseason All CUSA though
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dirtysouthpony » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Nwousu would probably be in improvement over Rambo, right? I mean, he was all CUSA in his last active season.
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Postby ponyswim » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Whether he is an improvement or not certainly remains to be soon. Rambo was a great team leader and defensive "organizer/motivator". Hopefully he is. I would think that he and Yenga in the middle(maybe the JC guy) would back us pretty good against the run up the middle. We will find out with Baylor/AM because if you can't stop them there they don't need to do much else. I think if the coaches that Pope was that good in the middle, they would not have him at running back.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby ClickClack » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

ponyswim wrote: I think if the coaches that Pope was that good in the middle, they would not have him at running back.

Or, the more likely scenario, our RB position is that weak.
ClickClack
All-American

Postby ponyswim » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 pm

That's a fair possibility. I just think that June thinks a lot of Preston Line, but also that Mason thinks a lot of Horton.
In any case, I think that it is great to have 4 people who can helps us at running back, at least in certain situations.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Pope was ok against the run last year, a decent blitzer, but as I recall really struggled with pass coverage. Pope, the frosh, and KC is not a bad running back group. Pope moving to RB I think has as much to do with his success at RB last season as it does with him struggling at LB.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:49 pm

ponyswim wrote:That's a fair possibility. I just think that June thinks a lot of Preston Line, but also that Mason thinks a lot of Horton.
In any case, I think that it is great to have 4 people who can helps us at running back, at least in certain situations.

Line, P. stands for Prescott :lol: All forgiven because you spend a lot of time under water according to your name.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football