PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Brandon Carter Academically Ineligible-TCU career over

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Brandon Carter Academically Ineligible-TCU career over

Postby leopold » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Nice! I needed an upgrade at WR for my all-suspended team - that kid from Central Michigan wasn't going to strike fear into anybody. Gotta find some room on the field for Fields, too.

The APR will be interesting to watch - I was tracking Idaho wasn't eligible to go to a bowl this year, but who cares. We'll have to watch and see if they catch and force anybody of significance with low grad rates. I think making Okie State cut a practice once a week is not a bad start.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Okie St will forfeit one practice per week-just barely missed 930 APR. But TCU has two APR seasons in range of 905 and 909 (from memory)-exact scores are in article at top. Now they have potentially lost 4 more credits (3 if Fields was academically in good standing-doubtful). Here's a summary from that article:

Teams must earn a 930 four-year average APR or a 940 average over the most recent two years.

TCU’s four-year average for its football team was 945, thanks to high scores in 2009-10 and 2010-11. But its score was 910 in 2012-13 and 909 the year before that, meaning it will have to dramatically increase its score next year to meet the 930 cutoff and remain eligible for postseason competition.

A score of 930 predicts a 50 percent graduation rate.

TCU had excellent APR scores in 2009-10 (997) and 2010-11 (959). But the drug-selling scandal in February 2012, plus other personnel issues that have plagued the program the last couple of years has put a dent in the Horned Frogs’ on-field performance as well as its APR.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

According to a TCU site-TCU has the following APR scores in past 3 years that will count:

In order to maintain the 930 average required, TCU will need a 941 next year and may have already lost 4 credits
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby gostangs » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:20 pm

This will be close, but i would guess it gets "managed" to a number about 2-3 its over the 930 average. You might want to save this post.

Of course i think it is likely a moot point about bowl eligibility anyway.
gostangs

Previous

Return to Football