PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bleacher Report: Margus Hunt will become a force in 2014

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bleacher Report: Margus Hunt will become a force in 2014

Postby PonyPride » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Cincinnati Bengals: Margus Hunt Will Become a Force on Defense in 2014
By Travis Wakeman , Featured Columnist

July 21, 2014

In 2013, the Cincinnati Bengals ranked No. 3 in the league in terms of total defense. The team's 43 sacks represented a higher total than that of all but nine teams in the league.

However, unless quarterback Andy Dalton can cut down on his mistakes considerably—he threw 20 interceptions last season—then the team will need to rely heavily on its defense in 2014 if it is to win its first playoff game since 1990.

The team lost defensive end Michael Johnson to free agency, as Tampa Bay signed him to a five-year contract worth nearly $44 million right after the market opened in March.

Gone with Johnson are the 26.5 sacks he collected during his five seasons in Cincinnati.

Wallace Gilberry and Carlos Dunlap were plenty effective last season, combining for 14 sacks between them. The Bengals could easily begin the season with Gilberry and Dunlap as their starting defensive ends, but there is another guy fans around the league should be aware of.

His name is Margus Hunt.

Based on his athletic skills, the former Southern Methodist defensive end who was born in Estonia was one of the more intriguing players in the entire 2013 draft. The Bengals chose him in the second round, and that was about the last anyone heard from him.

To read this article in its entirety, CLICK HERE.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Bleacher Report: Margus Hunt will become a force in 2014

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Wow bleacher report
smupony94

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Do other boards constantly link articles about former players? Wondering aloud...

I love that we have successful players in the NFL, but when does every column that mentions a graduate stop being news for an SMU discussion board?
smusic 00

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 am

smusic 00 wrote:Do other boards constantly link articles about former players? Wondering aloud...

I love that we have successful players in the NFL, but when does every column that mentions a graduate stop being news for an SMU discussion board?

Maybe you can get a refund from the admins for all the money you give this site if you don't like it
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:37 am

Personally, I'm interested in and root for the success of all SMU alumni in the NFL
East Coast Mustang

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Do other boards constantly link articles about former players? Wondering aloud...

Maybe you can get a refund from the admins for all the money you give this site if you don't like it

I didn't mean it that way. I know that no one forced me to click on anything. Just wondering if every article about Vince young gets posted on the whorens' sites, etc. I honestly don't know because the SMU sites are the only ones I visit.

But, truth be told, I'd rather see these stories posted in a separate forum. Even though I use tapatalk. Just don't think they really belong on the same forum. ATH maybe.

Also, I go way back with some of the admins and they know it's nothing personal towards them.
smusic 00

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 am

smusic 00 wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:

I didn't mean it that way. I know that no one forced me to click on anything. Just wondering if every article about Vince young gets posted on the whorens' sites, etc. I honestly don't know because the SMU sites are the only ones I visit.

But, truth be told, I'd rather see these stories posted in a separate forum. Even though I use tapatalk. Just don't think they really belong on the same forum. ATH maybe.

Also, I go way back with some of the admins and they know it's nothing personal towards them.

Well, unlike Texas, we only have a few guys in the NFL.

I only speak for myself but I like the updates about Margus, Beachum, Cole, the PonySkins, etc
East Coast Mustang

Return to Football