PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU sets new annual giving record for 6th straight year

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU sets new annual giving record for 6th straight year

Postby B1GPonyFan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 am

For the sixth consecutive year, SMU Athletics has broken annual giving records. For fiscal year 2014, which ended May 31, SMU Athletics raised $10.7 million in annual giving, smashing last year's then-record total of $8.3 million by 29%. The figure also represents a 132% increase in annual giving since 2009, when SMU raised $4.6 million.

Contributions to the Mustang Club, which provides essential operational support for SMU Athletics, reached $3.3 million, a 10% increase over last year's then-record $3 million, and a 120% increase (from $1.5 million to $3.3 million) since 2008. These donations provide the foundation for annual support for each of the 17 sports at SMU.

Including capital and other gifts, more than $22 million was given to SMU Athletics in 2014, continuing a steady growth that has seen total giving jump 156% over the last six years from $8.6 million to $22 million.

"These are results of which we can be proud," said SMU A.D. Rick Hart. "We are very grateful for the generous contributions of our loyal donors. I want thank the donors, our volunteers and our staff for another record year. Their efforts play a huge role as we strengthen our athletics programs to be more nationally competitive in all that we do."

"The private support for our student athletes, coaches and programs from SMU alumni, parents and friends has been inspiring," said Kurt Pottkotter, SMU Sr. Associate A.D. for Development. "Our donors are making a difference with every gift, and we remain grateful for their generosity and pride in SMU Athletics."

Fundraising for capital projects continues to drive the growth in overall athletics giving. The Moody Coliseum renovation and expansion project, including the Miller Event Center, and the construction of a new 12-court tennis complex and training center, as well as other capital initiatives, provide many new and improved features to enhance the experience for Mustang student-athletes and fans.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Re: SMU sets new annual giving record for 6th straight year

Postby ideal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:47 am

Now if we can turn the big kahuna, into the big Peruna
The ncaa is a R.I.C.O.
ideal
Junior Varsity

Re: SMU sets new annual giving record for 6th straight year

Postby lwjr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:55 am

I'm guessing LB and company success has something to do with that type of money being raised?. Or am I wrong? Either away that is fantastic news
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football