PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New Season Ticket Holder

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: New Season Ticket Holder

Postby SmooBoy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Welcome, jwnear! We are all a huge throng (okay, small group) of Mustang fans that live and (mostly) die with every play, game, and piece of news about athletics or the university. We have our normal share of trolls and doomsday simpletons on here. Ignore them and have some fun. And hope to see you at Ford/Boulevard this year.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Buy basketball season tickets. Then you are in for a treat.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:57 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:Buy basketball season tickets. Then you are in for a treat.

How do you recommend he do that?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Welcome, you probably want to stay away from this board to not bring you down. Beer being served is the best news we have had
GiddyUp

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Welcome to the suck.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby jwnear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:43 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Welcome, you probably want to stay away from this board to not bring you down. Beer being served is the best news we have had

It shouldn't be anything I'm not used to. Some of the posters on the NIU board are pretty big downers.

I'm just curious, since I'm just starting to read up on the roster and expectations and such, what is the general consensus on this years team?
jwnear

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm

jwnear wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:Welcome, you probably want to stay away from this board to not bring you down. Beer being served is the best news we have had

It shouldn't be anything I'm not used to. Some of the posters on the NIU board are pretty big downers.

I'm just curious, since I'm just starting to read up on the roster and expectations and such, what is the general consensus on this years team?

New QB, unproven RBs, one good WR and some other potential talent, weakish D-line and LBs, secondary looks stronger than prev year, brand-new kicker and punter, and questionable P/K returners.

If you ask most, the consensus is basketball starts November 14. With all of that, I still look forward to Saturdays at Ford.
SmooBoy

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:06 pm

General consensus is best case "pie in the sky" scenario where we find a reliable QB and our defense plays about 10000x better than last season: 7-5

General consensus "worst case" scenario where the QB play sucks, our WR's can't pick up the load left by Keenan Holman and Jeremy Johnson's departure, and the defense still blows: 2-10

I think we will be somewhere between these two outcomes. Give me another season of 5-7 and the June Jones era ends on the nice popcorn fart that it deserves in front of 10,000 freezing fans at UCONN.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:08 pm

With the exception of '08 (thought we would win 3 games instead of 1) and '12 (thought we would win 10 games instead of 8) I've been spot on every year since I became a fan in '08.

As of right now, I just don't see more than 4 wins out there, I really don't. Maybe 5 if June can get his [deleted] together on the road for once, but I doubt it.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Junior » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:14 pm

7-5
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby jalredding » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Welcome !! My son and I started with season tickets almost 5 years ago and we have no affiliation with SMU at all except a love of college football and wanting to support our hometown team. We have grown to love the Ponies as our own and enjoy the Boulevard and Ford Stadium each and every game. We have never once felt out of place or looked down upon by anyone on the The Boulevard and even though we have been asked several times we have yet to take anyone up on the food or drinks. Perhaps we will this season !! We have also attended several basketaball games the past 2 seasons and soccer games and my son has attended the SMU Soccer camp for 2 years. Enjoy the games and welcome aboard !!!
jalredding

Postby Water Pony » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm

As a SMU grad living in Chicagoland, I am delighted to welcome a NIU Huskies. You will love our games and campus.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby PonyFan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 am

Welcome, jwnear and jalredding. Glad to have you on the board and at the games.
There's a lot of knee-jerk reactions on here, but Calallenstang is right: most of us genuinely love the Ponies. Despite somewhat modest expectations, I can't wait for the season to start.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Fresno Mustang » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:49 pm

jwnear wrote:

I guess every message board in the country must have its share of negativity if a mid major that went to the orange bowl and had a heisman contender manages to have negative posters. Welcome, feel free to stop by our blvd spot, i can pm you when I find out where we will be located.
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby jwnear » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Fresno Mustang wrote:
jwnear wrote:

I guess every message board in the country must have its share of negativity if a mid major that went to the orange bowl and had a heisman contender manages to have negative posters. Welcome, feel free to stop by our blvd spot, i can pm you when I find out where we will be located.

Yeah, I would appreciate that. I'm hoping to park at a family friends house a block down on Mockingbird and walking over to the tailgate. Plus, I really don't know anyone going to the games, unless a buddy or two buy a random one game ticket.
jwnear

PreviousNext

Return to Football