PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Just an SMU football prediction.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Just an SMU football prediction.

Postby marco » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi guys, first post here, Baylor fan. Looking forward to the matchup in 5 weeks, sure would have liked to have visited Dallas last year to check out the tailgate scene there have never been and I hear that it is good.

We had a bunch of Pony fans join us in Waco 2 years ago and they were a lot of fun and we hope to see you in good numbers in Waco again this year at the new stadium.

Come check out Brazos Parking across MLK from McLane Stadium parking and will feature the George's Party zone, food trucks, live music and a whole lot of fun, we'll be doing it right.

Oh, one last thing, I'm pretty sure that this game will be a tie breaker for someone (35-35) all time or something like that. Sic 'em.
marco

Postby malonish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:05 am

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 am

As much as I love seeing the win in TCU a couple years ago, that was a great feeling. I only see us going 5-7 for the year at best. Although for us I'll say good job. I think that we'll win: UNT, ECU, Memphis, Houston and Conn

Always remembering 2007/2008----2-22
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 am

That game at ECU will be tough - 50-55K strong at Dowdy Ficklin and they are crazy fans.

I will be there, but tough to count that one as a W. Most folks have ECU contending with UCF, UH and Cincy for the AAC title.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

I'll give it the long shot. Does anyone else check out Massey Ratings? Right now preseason rankings are: Baylor 13, UNT 60, Texas A&M 21, TCU 57, ECU 53, Cincinnati 55, Memphis 102, Tulsa 103, USF 110, UCF 23, Houston 51, Conn 98 and SMU is sitting 90
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby B1GPonyFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

CargoGunki wrote:
NewAgeMustange wrote:As much as I love seeing the win in TCU a couple years ago, that was a great feeling. I only see us going 5-7 for the year at best. Although for us I'll say good job. I think that we'll win: UNT, ECU, Memphis, Houston and Conn

SMU doesn't have the horses (no pun intended) to beat ECU or UH. :lol:

Hell, I don't even remember the last time SMU even came close to beating a decent UH or ECU team. Ponies have been blown out almost every time they've played the Coogs or Pirates.

So winning in overtime at ECU to get to the CUSA championship game in 2011 (?) wasn't a big deal. SMU beat Houston something like 76-45 in 2012 on that Thursday night at Ford when the defense had 4 TDs or something like that.

I get what you're saying, but just passing along.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Postby ponyfan777 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:13 pm

I myself am pulling for Matt Davis to beat out Neal Burcham all together for the starting QB job.

Go Ponies~
DeanO~
ponyfan777
Varsity

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

ponyfan777 wrote:I myself am pulling for Matt Davis to beat out Neal Burcham all together for the starting QB job.

Go Ponies~

I still don't get why everyone is so giddy about a guy who started like 4 games at a junior college last year.... Neal can't be THAT bad, can he?
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Junior » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:53 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
ponyfan777 wrote:I myself am pulling for Matt Davis to beat out Neal Burcham all together for the starting QB job.

Go Ponies~

I still don't get why everyone is so giddy about a guy who started like 4 games at a junior college last year.... Neal can't be THAT bad, can he?
no. Just hoping Davis is that good.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ghost » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:08 pm

We don't even have our own number. Hopeful but anything from a low of 2 wins to 6 wins would not be a surprise. Hope Burcham let's it fly and isn't stuck throwing 2 yard crossing routes to Joseph based on the old guru's philosophy of never throwing downfield unless backed up on his own goal-line. Otherwise Joseph sets the NCAA season receiving record with 200 catches for 450 yards and 4 tds.
ghost
All-American

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:28 pm

B1GPonyFan wrote:
CargoGunki wrote:
NewAgeMustange wrote:As much as I love seeing the win in TCU a couple years ago, that was a great feeling. I only see us going 5-7 for the year at best. Although for us I'll say good job. I think that we'll win: UNT, ECU, Memphis, Houston and Conn

SMU doesn't have the horses (no pun intended) to beat ECU or UH. :lol:

Hell, I don't even remember the last time SMU even came close to beating a decent UH or ECU team. Ponies have been blown out almost every time they've played the Coogs or Pirates.

So winning in overtime at ECU to get to the CUSA championship game in 2011 (?) wasn't a big deal. SMU beat Houston something like 76-45 in 2012 on that Thursday night at Ford when the defense had 4 TDs or something like that.

I get what you're saying, but just passing along.

You beat me too it. FYI - I believe we best Houston 72-42, 30 points on the nose.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby max the wonder dog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

ponyinNC wrote:That game at ECU will be tough - 50-55K strong at Dowdy Ficklin and they are crazy fans.

I will be there, but tough to count that one as a W. Most folks have ECU contending with UCF, UH and Cincy for the AAC title.

Dowdy Ficklin sounds vaguely obscene. "How about Dowdy Ficklin on Saturday?"
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 pm

We start out 0-6 and finish 2-10. No way we beat UNT, and the other 5 games will all be an L
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Go Ponies~

There is zero chance that he starts based on what I have learned and this offense over the last several years
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am

There is no way we beat UNT? I'm certainly not optimistic but that's a team that got gutted by graduation and lost a home game to UTSA last year. I'm not saying we should be favored but I certainly wouldn't say "no chance" of winning.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

PreviousNext

Return to Football