PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Preseason honors

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Preseason honors

Postby SMUtilidie » Mon Jun 18, 2001 11:09 am

Athlon's has its new football preview on the stands, and three SMU players made preseason All-WAC: Kris Briggs, Kevin Aldridge and Vic Viloria.

Congrats to all three - looking for a big season from each.
SMUtilidie

Re: Preseason honors

Postby ponystudent » Mon Jun 18, 2001 11:53 am

What about Hampton? I am surprised he did not make it on that list. I think Garrett will earn his right to be listed as the season rolls on. He is a tough competitor and very talented, he just does not have the best supporting cast right now.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby kanucklehead » Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:28 pm

The Sporting News has us at No. 107 versus Athlon's 98. Briggs, McCarthy and Viloria are on their all WAC team. I didn't care for Cavan's quote in Athlon joking about not being so happy about getting 20 starters back since they didn't win many.
kanucklehead

Postby Pony Up » Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:34 pm

No kidding. That's uncool of Coach Cavan to say that. His players easily could have said they aren't too thrilled to see him back, since he's won fewer and fewer games every year. At his current rate of "progress" we're going to be winless in, what, 2003? He's in no position to be pointing fingers at his players, since he's the one responsible for teaching them and getting them to perform.

Do you have a link to those Sporting News and Athlon stories?
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby kanucklehead » Tue Jun 19, 2001 1:23 pm

Pony Up,
I don't have a link, I saw it in the print version. I don't think they put everything on line.
kanucklehead

Return to Football