PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor Tickets

Postby SMU89 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
SMU89 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:Hoping to do some fly fishing on the way so no bus for us.

Where r u fly fishing. ..roughly

Have not figured that out, someplace in the brazos below lake Whitney I think. Any suggestions?

Past the Trinity? No idea. Like fly fishing...was curious. ..give report.
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:51 am

lol @ ripping people for not going to this game. It will be an absolute bloodbath by the middle of the second quarter in the sweltering Waco heat. Some of us have made far too many of these trips recently only to be looking at those unfortunate enough to be in your traveling party around halftime thinking "why in God's name did we do this?!". If this team had even a slight chance of winning this game I'd consider going. We don't. We will be down 35 points halfway through the second quarter and it'll be scorching balls hot. Ripping a fanbase that has won ONE meaningful road game against former SWC opponents in over 20 years is beyond stupid.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Nacho » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 am

on the bright side we are young and inexperienced.
Nacho

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Section 329 here.... So I guess I've been exiled by even my own school
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:23 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:lol @ ripping people for not going to this game. It will be an absolute bloodbath by the middle of the second quarter in the sweltering Waco heat. Some of us have made far too many of these trips recently only to be looking at those unfortunate enough to be in your traveling party around halftime thinking "why in God's name did we do this?!". If this team had even a slight chance of winning this game I'd consider going. We don't. We will be down 35 points halfway through the second quarter and it'll be scorching balls hot. Ripping a fanbase that has won ONE meaningful road game against former SWC opponents in over 20 years is beyond stupid.

I'll bet money on us not being down 35 midway through the second quarter. Last time we were down 24-3 at half with a horrible offensive line, a QB brand new in the system, and Parks on a bad hamstring.
JasonB

Postby gostangs » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 pm

I predict we will hang in there longer than folks think, just because it seems to be the counter to what everyone is expecting.
gostangs

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:Section 329 here.... So I guess I've been exiled by even my own school

I am in 329 too. I was wondering which section they started with and which was the leftovers.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Krieg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Hey, I'm new here and I'm a Baylor fan. I figured this was as good a thread as any to say hello! I've been lurking off and on for a few weeks and can actually sympathize with a lot of what I've read, as you can well imagine. Anyway, I thought I would give a few thoughts on the post below.

JasonB wrote:I'll bet money on us not being down 35 midway through the second quarter. Last time we were down 24-3 at half with a horrible offensive line, a QB brand new in the system, and Parks on a bad hamstring.

I wouldn't take you up on that bet since it is the first game for everyone and much of our defense is new, especially in the secondary. That said, expect us to put up a lot of points quickly unless your defense comes out firing really well (or unless the atmosphere gets our team too hyped to start the game). Last season, in the first four games (before any starters were hurt), we scored the following in the first halves:

38 points
56 points
49 points
56 points (against WVU)

All four games were kicked off with 28 first quarter points except for the third game. We scored 35 in that quarter.

We lost our best deep threat WR and our starting RB from last year, but everyone else is back and has another year of experience. Also, both of those players missed half the season in 2013 anyway. So, I'd imagine we'll still score a ton. Our offense, without injuries, was unbelievable last year and there isn't a reason to believe it won't be as good this year. The question we generally have is if you can score some early as well. That likely comes down to your QB and our DBs, and they're basically unknowns to me.

As for your season, after our game I'd love to see y'all do well. As I mentioned above I can sympathize with y'all on the P5, etc. as we were close to being in the same boat with you. I hope you climb to the top of the AAC and feel free to beat TCU and the glorified cult in College Station when you play them. I just looked over your schedule and, wow, you have to have the toughest first half of the season in the country.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Krieg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:Section 329 here.... So I guess I've been exiled by even my own school

I am in 329 too. I was wondering which section they started with and which was the leftovers.

I bought 4 extra tickets in 315 after your allotment was returned, so my guess is visitors are selling 129 and 329 followed by 315 and 316. 315/316 are above the end zone while the others are from the corner, so you're in a better spot to see the game imo.

Also, you'll enjoy the stadium and have some Baylor fans jealous of you that didn't get tickets! Walk around the whole thing as it really is a cool venue. I toured it about a month ago and it appears to be a pretty unique setting.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Krieg wrote:Hey, I'm new here and I'm a Baylor fan. I figured this was as good a thread as any to say hello! I've been lurking off and on for a few weeks and can actually sympathize with a lot of what I've read, as you can well imagine. Anyway, I thought I would give a few thoughts on the post below.

JasonB wrote:I'll bet money on us not being down 35 midway through the second quarter. Last time we were down 24-3 at half with a horrible offensive line, a QB brand new in the system, and Parks on a bad hamstring.

I wouldn't take you up on that bet since it is the first game for everyone and much of our defense is new, especially in the secondary. That said, expect us to put up a lot of points quickly unless your defense comes out firing really well (or unless the atmosphere gets our team too hyped to start the game). Last season, in the first four games (before any starters were hurt), we scored the following in the first halves:

38 points
56 points
49 points
56 points (against WVU)

All four games were kicked off with 28 first quarter points except for the third game. We scored 35 in that quarter.

We lost our best deep threat WR and our starting RB from last year, but everyone else is back and has another year of experience. Also, both of those players missed half the season in 2013 anyway. So, I'd imagine we'll still score a ton. Our offense, without injuries, was unbelievable last year and there isn't a reason to believe it won't be as good this year. The question we generally have is if you can score some early as well. That likely comes down to your QB and our DBs, and they're basically unknowns to me.

As for your season, after our game I'd love to see y'all do well. As I mentioned above I can sympathize with y'all on the P5, etc. as we were close to being in the same boat with you. I hope you climb to the top of the AAC and feel free to beat TCU and the glorified cult in College Station when you play them. I just looked over your schedule and, wow, you have to have the toughest first half of the season in the country.

This game will be closer than many think. I see it ending 42-34...close but tough loss on an SMU comeback a la Rutgers.

Study the Baylor vs. TCU and UCF games....Bennett is beatable.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:23 pm

What if we already studied the 2011 SMU at Baylor game?
RGV Pony

Postby sbsmith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:This game will be closer than many think. I see it ending 42-34...close but tough loss on an SMU comeback a la Rutgers.

Didn't seem too beatable the last time he faced off with June.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Krieg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:This game will be closer than many think. I see it ending 42-34...close but tough loss on an SMU comeback a la Rutgers.

It may very well be closer than may think, but we'll score more than 42. Coming back against vastly superior talent, though, isn't all that likely. Talent gaps tend to show up more later in the game as players get more tired, etc.

I also don't think you realize how much better we are now than we were last time we met. We're better in nearly every position, with the exception of maybe 4 players, and we still won that game by 35.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

sbsmith wrote:

Didn't seem too beatable the last time he faced off with June.

Didn't we embarrass him in the BBVA compass bowl?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

RGV Pony wrote:What if we already studied the 2011 SMU at Baylor game?

You mean 2012...with GG?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football