PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

June Post Practice 8/16

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: June Post Practice 8/16

Postby PonySnob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
redpony wrote:Is it really unrealistic to expect that after 5-6 years of a coach that was one of the highest paid in the g5 that we should be at least semi-competitive with our former conference foes?

IMO the expectations are realistic- it's the results that aren't.

SMU has indeed improved a lot from 2008 until today. But so have Baylor, A&M and TCU...in their case at a faster rate of improvement. TCU just got off a 10 year hot run capped with a Rose Bowl win (and it will get tougher as they build Big 12 depth), A&M is increasingly better and building SEC depth and Baylor is going through monstrous transformation. I don't feel bad losing to them...WVU and others have felt what losin by 35 points is like.

By the way, we usually do well when we get into G5 play against AAC or when we were in CUSA.

Tulane 2012..............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:
redpony wrote:Is it really unrealistic to expect that after 5-6 years of a coach that was one of the highest paid in the g5 that we should be at least semi-competitive with our former conference foes?

SMU has indeed improved a lot from 2008 until today. But so have Baylor, A&M and TCU...in their case at a faster rate of improvement. TCU just got off a 10 year hot run capped with a Rose Bowl win (and it will get tougher as they build Big 12 depth), A&M is increasingly better and building SEC depth and Baylor is going through monstrous transformation. I don't feel bad losing to them...WVU and others have felt what losin by 35 points is like.

By the way, we usually do well when we get into G5 play against AAC or when we were in CUSA.

#NeverForget

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 pm

malonish wrote:
PonySnob wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:[quote="redpony"]Is it really unrealistic to expect that after 5-6 years of a coach that was one of the highest paid in the g5 that we should be at least semi-competitive with our former conference foes?

#NeverForget

[/quote]

That looks like a JV game...what an embarrassment. There's less than 500 people in the stands and most are SMU...
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 am

Big12Mustang wrote:
malonish wrote:
PonySnob wrote:[quote="Big12Mustang"][quote="redpony"]Is it really unrealistic to expect that after 5-6 years of a coach that was one of the highest paid in the g5 that we should be at least semi-competitive with our former conference foes?

#NeverForget

[/quote]

That looks like a JV game...what an embarrassment. There's less than 500 people in the stands and most are SMU...[/quote]

Our team got absolutely manhandled by Tulane in that video. They just pushed our OL and DL around.

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 am

The TD pass about 30 seconds in looks like one of those spring game highlights (at a school that has a spring game) where the team lets the sick kid score
RGV Pony

Previous

Return to Football