PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Acker having a great game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Acker having a great game

Postby kull » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Against the Broncos
ImageImageImage
kull
Heisman

Re: Acker having a great game

Postby FriscoChuck » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Yep. He keeps making plays and they keep talking about him. Great to see this.
FriscoChuck
All-American

Postby Fresno Mustang » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Had a pick that was called back, but penalty was not on him and took place on the other side of the field. He also made a great diving play on a pass break up on a post route in the end zone. Had a good hit on a big wideout for denver as well. A niners beat writer on twitter reported he had two picks at practice the other day, one being off of Kaep. The niners most shallow position group is probably secondary so he has a legit shot if he keeps playing well. I would love a smu player to be on my nfl team, would def try to buy an acker jersey if he makes it.
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Acker made one of the best plays I've ever seen by a DB in the TCU game last year. WR had him beat deep and he jumped and tipped the ball away over the guy's head
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 am

Great to hear him doing well in the pre-season, would be good to have some SMU representation in the NFC West.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby ghost » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 am

Amazing all of the SMU talent in the NFL on offense, defense and special teams in just the last few years. I wonder why they are having so much more success in the pros than in college? Seems like it should have been a top 25 team at SMU along with some conference championships in CUSA.
ghost
All-American

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:11 am

ghost wrote:Amazing all of the SMU talent in the NFL on offense, defense and special teams in just the last few years. I wonder why they are having so much more success in the pros than in college? Seems like it should have been a top 25 team at SMU along with some conference championships in CUSA.

SMU has placed kids into the NFL because I do think June teaches kids to practice the right way and June knows so many people in the NFL as a product of his longevity in the sport. As a result he can help guide kids into good situations where they have the best chance to make it into the NFL. We don't win at the college level, because 2 or 3 kids that have talent and work hard doesn't compensate for having 19 other kids that are not as good as the person lining up across from them. Add in a coach that clearly does not give a crap about wining and you get mediocrity.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Return to Football