PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Props to Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Props to Baylor

Postby ojaipony » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:34 am

DallasDiehard wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:Screw Baylor. I hope we pound the crap out of that craphole school down by Waco. Can't believe we have SMU "fans" giving props to freaking Baylor.

Exactly. I hated Cody Carlson, Walter Abercrombie, Grant Teaff, J.J. Joe, their administration, their so-called "fans," Waco itself, and their ugly uniforms. Baylor never deserves credit. For anything.

This I agree with. Throw in their scumbag president to the list of all things that sucks about BU.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Krieg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:45 pm

JasonB wrote:
Krieg wrote:
Digetydog wrote:
Doesn't that location flood all the time?

Not anymore. A new dam was built sometime between '04 and '08 that probably helped. Parts of the land still falls into an AE flood zone (100 year flood plain), but I don't think it's flooded in a long time.

So, basically you are hoping that God is a Baptist that loves football. Hope you guys are right on that. Contrary to some of the others on the board, I have driven by the stadium several times and think it looks great.

Haha, but He is and He does, you didn't know?

Seriously though, thank you for the compliments. Anyone that thinks it looks bad would think that about anything built by Baylor regardless of aesthetics. We have TCU fans on our forum, too, so I know how people can hate things without logical reason. Just ask their coach.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Krieg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:51 pm

DallasDiehard wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:Screw Baylor. I hope we pound the crap out of that craphole school down by Waco. Can't believe we have SMU "fans" giving props to freaking Baylor.

Exactly. I hated Cody Carlson, Walter Abercrombie, Grant Teaff, J.J. Joe, their administration, their so-called "fans," Waco itself, and their ugly uniforms. Baylor never deserves credit. For anything.

Lol, therapy is needed for this one. None of those guys have played in Waco in decades. We also just won a fan poll for having the best uniforms in the country, so, yeah...
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Digetydog » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:33 pm

DallasDiehard wrote:

They deserve credit for having a dorm full of nurses over near Baylor Hospital. Best of all, that dorm had a very liberal visitation policy.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Sic_em » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't recall the budget being sliced for the stadium. It was originally a $250 million project, then it was referred to as $260 mil, and now $266 mil. As with any project there are some minor, cosmetic differences between the original sketches and the final product. The bridge was redesigned early on to be more functional...there was some weird looking stuff going on with the supports on the original bridge sketch.

The columns around the exterior that support the canopy were a subject of debate early on. The original renderings had columns that were significantly skinnier. People complained that they didn't look substantial enough, some even wanted Georgian/classic style columns, which I don't think would've looked consistent with the architecture of the stadium. They did end up making the columns significantly larger than the initial sketches. I think that will be more noticeable in person than from pictures.

The only thing that might've been considered a budget cut is really a delay...there will be a 3 story glass alumni center built that will be constructed on the east side, it will sit atop columns so fans can walk underneath to the stands. They decided their building schedule was too aggressive, that it would be too rushed to build this at the same time as the rest of the stadium and the track complex, so that is supposed to be built and ready in time for the 2015 season...price tag on that is about $17 million.

There is also a $5 million nutrition center that will be built on the other side of the river by the football complex. Not sure which project will break ground first, but both will be done long before we consider renovating the Ferrell Center.
Sic_em
Junior Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Those columns are just a symptom of modern architecture trends
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Number of cool people I've ever met that went to Baylor: zero
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:37 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:Number of cool people I've ever met that went to Baylor: zero

This.

The stadium looks like a toilet bowl. I would still trade it in for Ford though...it would look better next to 75 than in Waco :lol:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby austinponie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 am

What's the seating capacity?

With all those levels, it looks a little tight.

Nice, just a little tight..
Last edited by austinponie on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
austinponie
All-American

Props to Baylor

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 am

Looks like a state university student center from the late 70s.

But I'll reserve final judgement....
smusic 00

Postby lwjr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:Number of cool people I've ever met that went to Baylor: zero

Actually there are quite a few "cool" Baylor people I know. Many of them are my business partners and good friends. You need to get out and meet people. :lol:
You know I am just needling you.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Krieg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:18 am

You're from the East coast, huh?

In that case, thank you for the compliment.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Krieg wrote:

You're from the East coast, huh?

In that case, thank you for the compliment.

Why do we still allow this BU troll here? Go post to your own board...troll
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby redpony » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Big12Mustang wrote: Why do we still allow this BU troll here? Go post to your own board...troll

I guess for the same reason that we allow FTHP aka b12 mustang to troll on this board.
redpony

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

redpony wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote: Why do we still allow this BU troll here? Go post to your own board...troll

I guess for the same reason that we allow FTHP aka b12 mustang to troll on this board.

Lol
CenTXpony
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football