PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ECM got drunk and put his rose-colored glasses on

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ECM got drunk and put his rose-colored glasses on

Postby Planter's Punch » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Last year we fell apart in the fourth quarter against Tech and TCU. I have been watching replays this week. They are great watches up to the 4th.

If our D really does have depth, I can see being competitive vs TCU and A&M. But there are so many questions on offense with a horrible red zone performance. OOC is going to be telling. If we can beat TCU and hang with A&M for four quarters, we could run away with the conference, but I wont hold my breath.
Planter's Punch
All-American

Re: ECM got drunk and put his rose-colored glasses on

Postby JasonB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

We have a ton of young unknowns at O Line, WR, Corner, and QB. The talent might be there, but until it happens in a game, all bets are off. HR and JR have looked great at corner in practice for 3 years now. Is this the year it translates to game play? I dunno.

I think June gets that too. One of the points he mentioned in the luncheon is that some kids get better when the lights go on, and others slink back. I think the one bright point this year is that if someone falters under the lights, we have the depth to switch guys out until we find guys who are ready to play. But that might take a couple of games.

So, until we see these guys on the field, I don't think we can expect that they will be able to beat Baylor, TCU, A&M, Cincy, UCF, or Houston. The potential is there, but who knows at this point if it is going to show up.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football