PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

JJ names Burcham the starter

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

JJ names Burcham the starter

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm

“@BillNicholsDMN: >@CoachJuneJones names Neal Burcham #SMU's starting quarterback. More to come at http://DFW.SportsDay.com.”
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: JJ names Burcham the starter

Postby jimhagle » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Surprised? Not hardly. He better be ready to roll.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby B1GPonyFan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Eternal Father, strong to save!
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Right now nothing is going to change my preseason dilusion that we're going to be undefeated this season!
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:45 pm

“@BillNicholsDMN: Experience wins SMU's Neal Burcham the starting quarterback job http://share.d-news.co/KL1ek5f”
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby footballdad » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm done, what paranoia, enjoy the season guys.
Last edited by footballdad on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby kull » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 pm

why would you post something like that above ^
ImageImageImage
kull
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Dad, you might want to take some of that down... there is a reason why some of the reports coming out on the sites don't have a lot of strategery in them. Once this type of stuff starts popping up, June bans parents and everyone else from practice so that word doesn't get out, especially over the next several days when we start really prepping for Baylor.
JasonB

Postby PonyKris89 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

footballdad wrote:Interesting the timing... but who knows?

yip, ya might want to edit that post. I responded directly to the post, in case he gets email alerts on responses...
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby B1GPonyFan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm

I think the paranoia here is a bit much. Ok, he talked about running the option, well darn shoot, no D1 college team has ever seen it and will be absolutely blown away from someone using the option.

And Matt Davis, with his history of being a dual threat quarterback, would never ever give the impression that should he come into any game that he might throw it or...I don't know, run it.

Do you really think that every coaching staff in the country limits itself in the way it breaks down players or breaks down teams. There's nothing in this post from Dad that is of dire consequences to the SMU gameplan.

Did Dad actually say how the option plays ran with tendencies of the offensive linemen or what Davis did when he saw the DE crash down? No.

Chill out.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 pm

I would guess that someone with "dad" in his screen name is getting his info from a son on the team. But PP and the DMN always seem to avoid writing specific plays or formations.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 am

Yeah...might want to edit that post...but then again, BU is so overconfident of the "beatdown" they have for us that they won't even care :lol:

New Stadium, New fans, black jerseys w Gold helmets in a 100+ day...looks like the perfect storm waiting to happen. A loss to SMU would really torpedo their entire season. I pray we beat them! :twisted:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby fifty » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:33 am

Maybe Matt Davis is like a combination of Johnny Football and Michael Vick but June is trying to keep that on the low before he obliterates Baylor.
fifty
Heisman

Postby footballdad » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am

B1GPonyFan wrote:I think the paranoia here is a bit much. Ok, he talked about running the option, well darn shoot, no D1 college team has ever seen it and will be absolutely blown away from someone using the option.

And Matt Davis, with his history of being a dual threat quarterback, would never ever give the impression that should he come into any game that he might throw it or...I don't know, run it.

Do you really think that every coaching staff in the country limits itself in the way it breaks down players or breaks down teams. There's nothing in this post from Dad that is of dire consequences to the SMU gameplan.

Did Dad actually say how the option plays ran with tendencies of the offensive linemen or what Davis did when he saw the DE crash down? No.

Chill out.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Haha exactly. I think I'm done posting guys, here's to the players performing above expectations this year and reaching their full potential . See ya'll in Waco.

June might want to build that IPF and close practices to the world since it's so difficult to figure out the same 10 plays he runs over and over and over. A 4 star dual-threat QB running the option and zone-read.......super secret stuff.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby B1GPonyFan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 am

footballdad wrote:
B1GPonyFan wrote:I think the paranoia here is a bit much. Ok, he talked about running the option, well darn shoot, no D1 college team has ever seen it and will be absolutely blown away from someone using the option.

Chill out.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Haha exactly. I think I'm done posting guys, here's to the players performing above expectations this year and reaching their full potential . See ya'll in Waco.

June might want to build that IPF and close practices to the world since it's so difficult to figure out the same 10 plays he runs over and over and over. A 4 star dual-threat QB running the option and zone-read.......super secret stuff.

Well the absurd-filled gang of 30 strikes again.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Next

Return to Football