PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU v BU: 3 Concerns of a Baylor Fan

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU v BU: 3 Concerns of a Baylor Fan

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:54 pm

CenTXpony wrote:Well give me a damn reason to believe, just because I dont clutter this board with delusional garbage and act like a complete imbecile the way you do doesnt make me less of a fan. I still go to every home game while you go to TCU games... imagine that... I think you challenging my fanhood is pretty funny. So go ahead and continue your pillow kissing session with Stangitup aka yourself and Ill be rrriiiggghhhtttt here saying I told you so after Baylor trounces us.

I go to every home game. I've been to a few TCU games but also other games from regional schools and HS football as well
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Topper » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 pm

sbsmith wrote:This thread is getting good :lol:

Krieg's passive/agressive weirdness is a little creepy though. Maybe his parents will filter his internet provider and deny him access to this site.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Topper wrote:
sbsmith wrote:This thread is getting good :lol:

Krieg's passive/agressive weirdness is a little creepy though. Maybe his parents will filter his internet provider and deny him access to this site.

This.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 pm

gostangs wrote:it wouldn't be a fan board without wild delusional fans. Im glad we have a few.

My point is that SMU offers someone a very nice entry into a very important media and corporate market. People get tunnel vision around here - based on being beaten down for years. In the right conference there is no reason SMU could not provide a USC Northwestern Duke kind of platform - smallish excellent school in a great media market with great facilities (once the bigger conference money starts flowing), who will make a run at the conference title every 5 yrs or so - and provide a bunch of eye balls and a TON of corporate sponsorship opportunities along the way. You think ATT wants to hang out in Waco? NO - they want to bring their corporate partners to Dallas for a long weekend of sports - mixing SMU into the cocktail.

Pac 12 or ACC should jump on us - we are a sleeping giant. Or big 12 should show some vision and protect their flank.

That was called the SWC. We got thrown off that gravy train, and the transfer to the Big
Smelve for not having a ticket to compete. Oops, I mean cheat.

DP took that away forever, and I think I'm glad.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:Well give me a damn reason to believe, just because I dont clutter this board with delusional garbage and act like a complete imbecile the way you do doesnt make me less of a fan. I still go to every home game while you go to TCU games... imagine that... I think you challenging my fanhood is pretty funny. So go ahead and continue your pillow kissing session with Stangitup aka yourself and Ill be rrriiiggghhhtttt here saying I told you so after Baylor trounces us.

13 year olds should not be allowed to post on this board :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:28 pm

And grown men shouldn't use a million emoticons like a damn girl would when posting.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby Krieg » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 am

This.

We went through a long while where we struggled to 3-4 wins every year. During that time, I never thought we were going to beat a #1 OU or anything like that, and we didn't. However, I still showed up to every game and hoped we would.

There's nothing wrong with hope, but it's hard to converse if someone is just spewing out sentences in rage at someone just because they're not a fan of SMU. We have tons of longhorns and a couple red raiders on our board that we talk with all the time. Yeah, sometimes they're annoying but that's part of the deal and they add flavor to what could otherwise be a board full of groupthink.

Besides, I have no ill will toward SMU. I cheer for Baylor and then, well, nobody really but I'd love to have a team to follow after Baylor. I'll always be a Baylor fan first and foremost, but I would like a rooting interest of some sort in a different conference so I have more than one conference to care about. I don't really care about the NFL after all.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 am

CenTXpony wrote:And grown men shouldn't use a million emoticons like a damn girl would when posting.

When did you first notice you were developing a deep seated hatred against sexless little
emoticons, and women. :lol: :lol:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:31 pm

ponyboy wrote:I hope actual football players don't think the way the rest of you do.

BEAT BAYLOR

I they probably don't but I do think they will be more focused on the first conference game than the first game of the season which is non conference.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 pm

SMU 86 wrote:
ponyboy wrote:I hope actual football players don't think the way the rest of you do.

BEAT BAYLOR

I they probably don't but I do think they will be more focused on the first conference game than the first game of the season which is Pre Season.

FIFY
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 pm

SMU 86 wrote:

BEAT BAYLOR

I they probably don't but I do think they will be more focused on the first conference game than the first game of the season which is non conference.

This!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Digetydog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Question: Will Peruna be at the game so that he can have the honor of taking the first Poop on their brand new field?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:41 pm

PETA won't allow it - animal abuse to make him watch this thing
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Stangs1970 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 pm

I am preparing for the worst, I fear the track meet.

I would have to think hard taking 40 and my ponies.
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football