PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

JJ Comments

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: JJ Comments

Postby sbsmith » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Don't blame Briles for how terrible we were.

Side note - saying Richt has class is a joke. Did you see them try and score with 30 seconds against Clemson when they had no timeouts last night? Was awful.

Didn't say RIcht has class but he definitely called off the dogs that night in New Orleans. Could have hung 70 if he felt like it.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dr rc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:00 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Don't blame Briles for how terrible we were.

Side note - saying Richt has class is a joke. Did you see them try and score with 30 seconds against Clemson when they had no timeouts last night? Was awful.

Well I think Dabo is a jackwagon so I didn't care so much. Besides, I only said he has a little class. Not that he was all class. :lol:
dr rc
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Oh please, June. The team wasn't prepared and that's on you. Go eat a broomstick.
CalallenStang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Here's a link if anyone wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl54pbFTRl0
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 pm

He called the game like he was scared. How many screen passes did we run for negative yards. The offense looked like it had never seen a blitz before and the Offensive Coordinator couldn't figure out how to beat it. Absolutely disgusting offensive performance. June made Bennett look like a genius.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Treadway21 wrote:He called the game like he was scared. How many screen passes did we run for negative yards. The offense looked like it had never seen a blitz before and the Offensive Coordinator couldn't figure out how to beat it. Absolutely disgusting offensive performance. June made Bennett look like a genius.

One of them has forgotten more football than we will ever know. The other?
CalallenStang

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm

Treadway21 wrote:He called the game like he was scared. How many screen passes did we run for negative yards. The offense looked like it had never seen a blitz before and the Offensive Coordinator couldn't figure out how to beat it. Absolutely disgusting offensive performance. June made Bennett look like a genius.

Maybe we can get Hal Mumme back to help June out again.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 pm

You know I was thinking that. The offense was so predictable. Baylor d looked like they were getting the play calls from our huddle.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby jpe747 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 pm

I had a whole different take on the offense. Screen passes and quick outs, etc. was about all JJ could call because the offensive line could not block anyone. Davis couldn't even shake loose and that is what he's specialty was suppose to be. Their defensive line was about a dominating as I have ever seen in any game.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 pm

We could call Mumme or run anything else we want - veer, double wing, split T, west coat, who cares. We don't have the talent to do anything against Baylor
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 pm

jpe747 wrote:I had a whole different take on the offense. Screen passes and quick outs, etc. was about all JJ could call because the offensive line could not block anyone. Davis couldn't even shake loose and that is what he's specialty was suppose to be. Their defensive line was about a dominating as I have ever seen in any game.

Was it that their d line played so good or that our o line played so bad?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponyte » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 pm

JJ is right. I know the bashing is coming. But he is right. The O was absolutely the worse since Caven days. The D wasn't a disappointment for a change. Tackling was solid and for the most part they kept everything in front of them.

The O line is the worse at this point in the season in a long time. If, and that is a huge if, we can beat NTSU we have have a complete turn around in the Oline.

Oh, and there wasn't a solid thing about any QB. Hard to get a handle on them as they were basically just trying to survive the night but nothing impressive about any of them.
ponyte

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:40 pm

ponyte wrote:JJ is right. I know the bashing is coming. But he is right. The O was absolutely the worse since Caven days. .

Whose fault is that?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU89 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Pony81 wrote:JJ knows he doesn't have a competitive team. This season's sole purpose is to rehabilitate his reputation as a coach / offensive genius.
67 yds total offense has left that reputation in smoldering ruins. .

For the math (and non-math) majors, solve for X:

67 total yds / 67 plays = X yds / play
SMU89

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
ponyte wrote:JJ is right. I know the bashing is coming. But he is right. The O was absolutely the worse since Caven days. .

Whose fault is that?

How can you need to ask that question?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football