PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

24 years and no real improvement

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 24 years and no real improvement

Postby Pony81 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:35 pm

It is clear to me that we must have the "old" money as this is the only funding that is willing to be spent on football. I just don't see the 50 year multi millionaire with his name on many buildings, scholarships, or endowed positions.
Don't see it.
We are so lucky to have the "Old" money still fund what has been a complete train wreck for the last 25+ years. Without them we are DII. And if we are DII, there goes student recruitment and our academic ranking . SMU must have a vibrant campus life to get the student away from the Vanderbilts of the world. BB has completely changed the morale of the student body and for the first time in decades - students are excited about an SMU sport.

Another thing: This board needs to stop complaining about the media conspiracy to keep SMU off TV and out of the paper. Be objective: Has our FB team - outside of the rarest of moments - had a product that the media could get excited about - much less write about?
Good God - that game against BU was an abomination. We were completely outmanned and out coached. I thought we would lose by 50 but I never imagined we would be shut our AND only have 67 yds of total offense.
We do not have a FB product worthy of press coverage. Period.
BB - on the other hand - has shown growth and excitement - consequently became one of the biggest sports stories last year.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:52 pm

The old money has kept us from being literally division 2 but nevertheless we are functionally division 2. Their money is nice, but their leadership is flawed. You are celebrating Jerry Jones for building a nice stadium instead of panning him for his garbage team.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 pm

June was smart enough to buddy up with the old money and now it becomes difficult to let him go even if he makes degrading remarks about the school's facilities and has a mediocre record.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PlanoStang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:01 pm

There isn't and won't be any young money coming said Travis as he drew his line in the sand.

The commies have taxed it all away from our inheritance :!: :lol:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

couch 'em wrote:The old money has kept us from being literally division 2 but nevertheless we are functionally division 2. Their money is nice, but their leadership is flawed. You are celebrating Jerry Jones for building a nice stadium instead of panning him for his garbage team.

Good point.

Who is the "young money" as examples? The guy who founded Tom's shoes? He a football fan? Most "young money" is socially conscious from my experience. Who is Baylor's "young money"?
ojaipony

Previous

Return to Football