PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs UNT tailgating, parking, etc...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs UNT tailgating, parking, etc...

Postby MeanGreen90 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 am

Good morning SMU fans. Well, we both took our money game butt whoppin and we both looked terrible on offense doing it. But today is a new day and it's a short game week for you guys.

A couple of tailgating tips. Park at the old Fouts Field parking lot and take the footbridge over I35 to the stadium. It is less than a 1/2 mile walk. When you exit the footbridge, you will see all the tailgating on the hill and beyond to the east and southeast of the stadium. We are a friendly lot as long as you mind your manners. And really, at this point, neither of us have any S talking we should be doing.

Some are expecting a sellout. Personally, I think we should have around 23-25k. But, hey, if we could borrow you guy's attendance counters, we could triple that number, right?

Come enjoy beautiful Apogee Stadium and be prepared to stay awhile, as it may take multiple overtimes to break that 0-0 battle.

Any questions? Fire away.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Re: SMU vs UNT tailgating, parking, etc...

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks for the information.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyfan37 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 am

MeanGreen90 wrote:Good morning SMU fans. Well, we both took our money game butt whoppin and we both looked terrible on offense doing it. But today is a new day and it's a short game week for you guys.

At least you guys scored.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:46 am

We score in every other game now. We will be fine for NTSU but expect a goose egg with A&M.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby MeanGreen90 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am

ponyfan37 wrote:
MeanGreen90 wrote:Good morning SMU fans. Well, we both took our money game butt whoppin and we both looked terrible on offense doing it. But today is a new day and it's a short game week for you guys.

At least you guys scored.

Not on offense, we didn't. We actually looked worse than you guys on offense. I know, hard to believe.

Our defense looked stout. Texas scored 7 on a pick 6 and 7 more after a typical homer BS late touch was called on our safety on an incompletion on 3 rd and long. Plus, UT constantly started possessions on our side of the field. The offense was also no help, going 3 and out every series (almost literally, we had 3 first downs half way through the 4th qtr) and giving the D no time to rest.

So, at least we have some positives on defense. Keep an eye on #31, Kenny "the Unicorn" Buyers. All conference CB that can shut down your #1 receiver.

Come early a s tailgate. Good times in Denton, Texas.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:11 am

MeanGreen90 wrote:
So, at least we have some positives on defense. Keep an eye on #31, Kenny "the Unicorn" Buyers. All conference CB that can shut down your #1 receiver.

Wait we have a #1 receiver :lol:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 am

I saw that UNT is selling tickets on Groupon - are these good seats? http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gl-unive ... n-football
CalallenStang

Postby MeanGreen90 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

CalallenStang wrote:I saw that UNT is selling tickets on Groupon - are these good seats? http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gl-unive ... n-football

The general admission seats are endzone seats in "the wing." The reserved seats in sec 101 are lower level back corner of end zone, but if there is only 25 k, you can simply move to a better seat that is empty on the student side. But keep in mind, you are of the student side, and they usually turn out well for the first home game, so expect some good natured ribbing.

Really isn't a bad seat in the house. Here is a seating chart to help you navigate the process:

http://www.meangreenmap.com/apogeeseating.html
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby MeanGreen90 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 am

MeanGreen90 wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:I saw that UNT is selling tickets on Groupon - are these good seats? http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gl-unive ... n-football

The general admission seats are endzone seats in "the wing." The reserved seats in sec 101 are lower level back corner of end zone, but if there is only 25 k, you can simply move to a better seat that is empty on the student side. But keep in mind, you are of the student side, and they usually turn out well for the first home game, so expect some good natured ribbing.

Really isn't a bad seat in the house. Here is a seating chart to help you navigate the process:

http://www.meangreenmap.com/apogeeseating.html

Oh, and yes. The groupon deal is a good deal.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:12 pm

sbsmith wrote:
MeanGreen90 wrote:

Wait we have a #1 receiver :lol:

Looks like we have a chance for them to have confusion in the secondary.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 pm

They used to call me the Unicorn
SMU89

Postby CoxMustangFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

How much are the tix from SMU? If UNT is charging more than a Kit Kat and coupon for a free McD chz burger, it's a rip off.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Return to Football