PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thanks and Farewell, Mustangs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thanks and Farewell, Mustangs

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 am

Not comforting. Just true.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyscott » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

Waco Bear wrote:I've enjoyed hanging on your board for the last week or so, Mustangs. You've all been quite hospitable. Good luck the rest of the way. One piece of unsolicited advice: fire Jones. Baylor has been where you are (recently). Briles changed us because the man exuded optimism and confidence, and was able to sell hope to recruits and donors when there really was none, at least none that anyone else could see. It is depressing to even see Jones on YouTube, and the rate at which he was throwing his own players under the bus in the post game presser was shameful. Rid yourself of him. It will cost you money, but you have it (How many other schools in your conference have a billion dollar endowment?). Use that advantage.

You are very observant about JJ...and correct. Good luck to the Bears.
ponyscott

Postby Waco Bear » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 am

gostangs wrote:Not comforting. Just true.

We Wacoans are actually glad people think Waco sucks. It keeps Waco small and we like it that way. We never wait in traffic. We know each other and so have a strong sense of community. I live in a house that would cost me 5 times what I paid for it in DFW. It's a great place to raise kids. We could use some more restaurant options, but those are coming. The stadium is transforming our downtown. I used to live in Houston and really didn't like the idea of living in Waco when I had to move here for work, but it's really great here.
Waco Bear

Postby Donnell88 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 am

And thank you for not running up the score. I have never believed in the adage that if you don't like it, stop them. Baylor showed a lot of class in allowing their second-stringers significant playing time in the last 30 minutes.
Donnell88
All-American

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Waco Bear wrote:

We Wacoans are actually glad people think Waco sucks. It keeps Waco small and we like it that way. We never wait in traffic. We know each other and so have a strong sense of community. I live in a house that would cost me 5 times what I paid for it in DFW. It's a great place to raise kids. We could use some more restaurant options, but those are coming. The stadium is transforming our downtown. I used to live in Houston and really didn't like the idea of living in Waco when I had to move here for work, but it's really great here.

Well that is good if you are in the AARP.

Just kidding. Good luck, Briles has y'all set for a long while. You are welcome for breaking in your new stadium with a shut out. Thanks for stopping by and posting - your a good sport.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby SMU89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Donnell88 wrote:And thank you for not running up the score. I have never believed in the adage that if you don't like it, stop them. Baylor showed a lot of class in allowing their second-stringers significant playing time in the last 30 minutes.

I thought they went for it in 4th qtr on 4th and 8 and up some 30+ points?

No big deal.. we need to play but dont think thats letting up
SMU89

Postby SMUer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 pm

When you guys need a tune-up game that doesn't look totally ridiculous on your schedule, you know who to call. Happy Trails!
SMUer

Postby CoxMustangFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Waco Bear wrote:

Hopefully you spin that story to future recruits...I'm sure that's not what you've told most that are there now. I bet most prior pitches went something like "mid-way between awesome cities like Dallas and Austin...". Congrats on the win, but no way Waco isn't bottom 10 in America (for cities over 75,000...certainly over 100,000).
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:11 pm

I think they went for it on 4th to preserve the shut out for the D -who had clearly earned it. It didn't bother me at all.

Nice stadium, but there is no amount of spin that can sell Waco. No idea why anyone would want to spend their four valuable college years there if you had the choice to be in Dallas or Austin. I think the answer is most of them are deciding between Lubbock and Waco - so Waco is closer to civilization.
gostangs

Postby Krieg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 am

SMU89 wrote:
Donnell88 wrote:And thank you for not running up the score. I have never believed in the adage that if you don't like it, stop them. Baylor showed a lot of class in allowing their second-stringers significant playing time in the last 30 minutes.

I thought they went for it in 4th qtr on 4th and 8 and up some 30+ points?

No big deal.. we need to play but dont think thats letting up

Maybe that happened, I don't remember, but we scored 14 points in the second half on purpose. Be thankful.
Krieg
Scout Team

Postby Arkpony » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 pm

I recall it was 4th and 9 and they passed for 10 yards.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm

I believe it was 4th and 3 and they ran for 4.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Previous

Return to Football