PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Which QB Looked the Best?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Which QB Looked the Best?

Postby lwjr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Planter's Punch wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:There is no way of knowing with an OL like that.

June said in the post game - "Davis isn't ready for what we are doing" - so I am not sure we'll see him again for a while.

Is that code for turning him into a WR?

Linebacker
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:51 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:I guess I'm in the camp that finds it useless to complain non-stop about JJ. If he's back, I'm gone (for FB). While I don't give big money, I do max out on season tickets so if enough guys like me say see ya maybe (but perhaps not likely) they'll take the hint.

We just set a new season ticket sold record............interest is at an all time high!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby lwjr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:53 pm

mrydel wrote:Burcham's arm is just fine. His accuracy is very good. His mobility does not compare to Davis. Until Davis learns the offense you need to have Burcham. But Davis did appear to have a much greater edge in athleticism. Although not much could be told last night I think that Davis will probably end up as #1 but not until "preseason" is over.

Mrydel, the Baylor people were asking me about his arm strength. It seemed he had no zip on the ball, many of his passes were wobbly. Maybe it looked different on tv.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby lwjr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 pm

mrydel wrote:Burcham's arm is just fine. His accuracy is very good. His mobility does not compare to Davis. Until Davis learns the offense you need to have Burcham. But Davis did appear to have a much greater edge in athleticism. Although not much could be told last night I think that Davis will probably end up as #1 but not until "preseason" is over.

Mrydel, the Baylor people were asking me about his arm strength. It seemed he had no zip on the ball, many of his passes were wobbly. Maybe it looked different on tv.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby CoxMustangFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm

PonySnob wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:I guess I'm in the camp that finds it useless to complain non-stop about JJ. If he's back, I'm gone (for FB). While I don't give big money, I do max out on season tickets so if enough guys like me say see ya maybe (but perhaps not likely) they'll take the hint.

We just set a new season ticket sold record............interest is at an all time high!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't tell if you're joking, but I know many that got tickets for A&M/TCU (as fans of those schools) and plan to junk the rest.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:02 pm

lwjr wrote:

He was throwing from back on his heels the whole time. No way to evaluate QBs from the game. I watched him last year and could tell he has decent arm strength. He is fine for AAC play but any QB including Davis needs time to set.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm

its snob. He doesn't post unless it is a dig.
gostangs

Postby Planter's Punch » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:08 pm

SMU has been shut out 2 of the last 3 games. Given that we play A&M and TCU, this easily could go to 4 out of 6. In year 7 of the QB Guru, you would think asking which QB looked best would be because they were both putting up such stellar number it is hard to tell.... instead SMU is here....
Planter's Punch
All-American

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm not going to take a position based on last nite. I doubt we have a decent QB prospect on the roster. Cassell did throw a better ball than I thought though. June said last nite he's not ready
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DiamondM75 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Welcome to the dark side.

I will be back when June is gone. This has saved me several thousand over the past 3 years.

At least I was able to give more to the new band hall.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Petty didn't last more than half with HIS offensive line, I don't think he would have made it through the second series with ours.

They will keep rotating until someone starts playing well. With a bye before the A&M game, I have a feeling we will see a lot of freshman receivers, changes on the line and a set qB Going into that game, and a lot of rotation before then.
JasonB

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Well "we've got 5 quality QBs" so we should be fine at QB.

I remember JasonB listed all of them on his QB "depth" post
Last edited by Stallion on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 pm

dp
Last edited by Stallion on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Stallion wrote:Well "we've got 5 quality QBs" so we should be fine at QB.

once we get into the weaker part of the conference schedule
Charleston Pony

Postby smufootballguy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:08 pm

I would go with Davis If we had some read option plays. Burcham looked scared from the 1st snap I guess spending all of camp behind our Oine he knew what was coming. Cassel throws a nice ball prolly deserves more game time. Our Defense will be fine for conference play if the O can figure out how to score 24points we will win some games.
smufootballguy

PreviousNext

Return to Football