PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Which QB Looked the Best?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Which QB Looked the Best?

Postby Topper » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 pm

lwjr wrote:
mrydel wrote:Burcham's arm is just fine. His accuracy is very good. His mobility does not compare to Davis. Until Davis learns the offense you need to have Burcham. But Davis did appear to have a much greater edge in athleticism. Although not much could be told last night I think that Davis will probably end up as #1 but not until "preseason" is over.

Mrydel, the Baylor people were asking me about his arm strength. It seemed he had no zip on the ball, many of his passes were wobbly. Maybe it looked different on tv.

It looks to me like Burcham throws a soft pass and has a bit of a deer in the headlight look about him. I hope that he improves when we play some teams with less talent than Baylor. Davis is not even close to being ready to handle the run and shoot reads. I have never been that vocal about our lack of recruiting, but it really amazes me that we can't seem to attract a premier QB to come here. Purdue has not set the world on fire very often during my lifetime, but they always seem to attract top QB prospects who want to catch pro scout attention. We should be able to do the same.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Re: Which QB Looked the Best?

Postby No Quarter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:50 pm

I don't see that ATM will be an easier game than Baylor and TCU won't be a pushover. UNT won't lay down to say the least although the mismatch may not be so much. Can the OL come to those games? All of our QBs got slammed although I have not seen any injuries reported.

Still and all it may be a case of which QBs are still standing by the time conference play starts.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football