PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU ranked 85th and UNT ranked 88th

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU ranked 85th and UNT ranked 88th

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Should be one fairly evenly matched game but SMU should have the advantage.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... gs/cbs/128
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU ranked 85th and UNT ranked 88th

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 pm

It's their home game so they have the advantage. We haven't scored a single point in our last two road games.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Should be one fairly evenly matched game but SMU should have the advantage.

last time I checked, they are playing this game in Denton. Mustangs will have to play their best to win. Hopefully they come in motivated after being humiliated once again on national TV. I just worry that our guys are getting used to being doormats for too may of our former SWC mates
Charleston Pony

Postby RyanSMU98 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:53 pm

I don't get these rankings. Somehow before a single snap is played we were ranked #100, yet somehow after getting our butts handed to us and showing nothing that resembles a college level offense we managed to move up 15 spots? The logic is eluding me. Nonetheless, the real damage lies in the fact that we are considered to be on par with NTSU. How is that acceptable to anyone?
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Should be one fairly evenly matched game but SMU should have the advantage.

last time I checked, they are playing this game in Denton. Mustangs will have to play their best to win. Hopefully they come in motivated after being humiliated once again on national TV. I just worry that our guys are getting used to being doormats for too may of our former SWC mates

Well since UNT is not a former SWC mate I think we will be okay with this rival. I may just be a matter of which teams QB plays the least worse.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm

RyanSMU98 wrote:I don't get these rankings. Somehow before a single snap is played we were ranked #100, yet somehow after getting our butts handed to us and showing nothing that resembles a college level offense we managed to move up 15 spots? The logic is eluding me. Nonetheless, the real damage lies in the fact that we are considered to be on par with NTSU. How is that acceptable to anyone?

3.5 point dogs to them in Year 7 of the June Jones era. How utterly devastating.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Return to Football