PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hope to see you in Manhattan!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hope to see you in Manhattan!

Postby Cat Fan Michael » Tue Jun 19, 2001 1:45 am

This sounds like a good fit for both teams and I think it will be a competitive game. My father-in-law came down for the KU game last year (we have split loyalties in our home!) and was impressed with the facility and the team. I guess he should be...his team got spanked.

If it works out, welcome to Manhattan!
Cat Fan Michael

Re: Hope to see you in Manhattan!

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:30 pm

Thanks for putting out the welcome mat, CatFanMichael - see you in Manhattan! Maybe buy you a beer after the game, if the game doesn't induce too much heavy drinking early on. Good luck this year. Hope you're right about the game being competitive.

As much as we may be nervous about the possibility of a lopsided game in August, we should recognize that KState has great fans. I remember a few years ago when a zillion purple folks invaded Dallas for the Cotton Bowl game against BYU. Ran into many at local watering holes, and found the Wildcat faithful to be enthusiastic and a little rowdy, but always polite, courteous and classy. Great bunch of fans.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Football