PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas Football Article

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Texas Football Article

Postby click » Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:34 am

Has anyone seen the article in Campbell's Texas Football magazine, the two deep roster they posted was Baylor's. The article is written by Mike McAllister of the Dallas News.Also Athlon's magazine has SMU rated 98th out of 117 Div.1A programs.I hope the players take this as an insult. There are some pretty bad teams posted ahead of us. The difference I see between SMU and some of the other programs is ATTITUDE.Some of the players have it but it needs to infect the whole team.
click
Scout Team

Re: Texas Football Article

Postby Pony Up » Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:25 pm

Don't be surprised. Dave Campbell is a first-rate homer for Baylor High (the press box is named after that arrogant moron) and he has a long history of disrespecting SMU (my guess is that he couldn't get in to SMU.) That rag he publishes is heavy on Baylor High, and he blatantly sucks up to Mack Brown and the rest of the Horns. Show your opinion about his so-called "journalism" by NOT BUYING that piece of crap. Campbell, in addition to being a horrible writer/editor who knows nothing about football other than what the Baylor High and UT sports information departments tell him, is annoying to deal with and generally obnoxious. Don't waste any time worrying about being mistreated in his little rag -- he's not worth our time.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Football