PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ford Stadium construction

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ford Stadium construction

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Jul 11, 2000 9:06 pm

I hear the turf is being laid down at Ford. What other steps need to be taken before the Mustang Mecca is complete? Is the school still offering tours of the stadium? Who do we call to set one up?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Ford Stadium construction

Postby D » Wed Jul 12, 2000 11:06 pm

I believe Matt Terrell with the Mustang Club is the one to talk to about setting up a tour. I'm not sure the number, but you can call 768-2000 and have them transfer you.
D
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Jul 13, 2000 1:33 am

All they have left to do it put in the jumbotron, finish training room, weight room, equipment room, basically the whole sports center, and finish the concourse of the stadium. That is all.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Fri Jul 21, 2000 10:27 pm

I took a tour of the stadium today. They are working hard to have the facilities that the team needs ready by August 1. The football coaches will be moving into their new offices within a week. The second practice field is being sodded today. The first one looks good. The rest of the facility that is scheduled to be done this year will be completed by the opening day. Some of the facility isn't scheduled for completion until next year. Such as the AD's offices, the Mustang Club facilities, the Doak Walker Plaza, and the Athletic Museum/Trophy room. Let me tell you, this is a great looking facility and will be a great tool for recruiting. I hope it gets used for high school playoff games so that the high school players will spread the word among their peers.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2000 7:43 pm

I heard SMU is going to play this year
with green stripes on the field so they
can't be seen on TV - as a protest to
the way the NCAA is being dominated by
TV revenues.

Is this true?????

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:39 pm

I read that somewhere too. Let me see if I can find a link.

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby D » Mon Jul 24, 2000 10:16 pm

Here is the link. <A HREF="http://www.gamecockcentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/message.pl?dir=fgf&post=12255" TARGET=_blank>http://www.gamecockcentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/message.pl?dir=fgf&post=12255</A>

I would have to say that this is probably on of the best stories I have read. There is somebody out there with way too much free time. There are some problems with the story though. Among other things, they claim Copeland says "SMU will not spread its legs like some two-bit whore." Its also listed on the Gamecock forum and Freiberger is listed as our color guy and everyone knows that is Swann's job. I got a good laugh out of it though. Enjoy
D
Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:24 pm

Thanks for clearing that up D!

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football