PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rice vs. Texas A & M

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rice vs. Texas A & M

Postby floridianstang » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 pm

ponyscott wrote:Good news for TAMU that they don't play on that [deleted] field for the next 4 weeks. Rice talent couldn't match up after all...nice try.

Takeaways from this game: Kenny Hill is overrated. And Rice ran the ball nicely on them. A&M has trouble w running QB's.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby lwjr » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 pm

floridianstang wrote:
ponyscott wrote:Good news for TAMU that they don't play on that [deleted] field for the next 4 weeks. Rice talent couldn't match up after all...nice try.

Takeaways from this game: Kenny Hill is overrated. And Rice ran the ball nicely on them. A&M has trouble w running QB's.

The one running QB we have is reportedly hurt.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby floridianstang » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 am

lwjr wrote:
floridianstang wrote:

The one running QB we have is reportedly hurt.

I thought he was "mildly injured"
floridianstang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:20 am

Wow. Rice had 28 First Downs
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:00 am

would we be happy if our guys were as competitive against A$M as Rice was? Would be nice to be able to move the ball on offense and score some points
Charleston Pony

Rice vs. Texas A & M

Postby SMU2007 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 am

Charleston Pony wrote:would we be happy if our guys were as competitive against A$M as Rice was? Would be nice to be able to move the ball on offense and score some points

Best possible scenario is we are as competitive as rice was. I don't see it happening. We'll see if things change, but June had a real problem with the idea of keeping things semi competitive against any team with a pulse. He was more of a fan of the extreme blowout
SMU2007

Postby PonySnob » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 am

It's too bad there isn't a column in the standings for "moral victories" or "was competitive".
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby floridianstang » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:27 pm

SMU2007 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:would we be happy if our guys were as competitive against A$M as Rice was? Would be nice to be able to move the ball on offense and score some points

Best possible scenario is we are as competitive as rice was. I don't see it happening. We'll see if things change, but June had a real problem with the idea of keeping things semi competitive against any team with a pulse. He was more of a fan of the extreme blowout

JJ will always remind me of us getting blown out bad against SWC opponents.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby SMU2007 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:47 pm

PonySnob wrote:It's too bad there isn't a column in the standings for "moral victories" or "was competitive".

Yea I'd definitely prefer to lose by 50+ on national television.
SMU2007

Previous

Return to Football