PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Recruiting Passionate Fans To Lobby President Turner

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby smumustang1980 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:48 pm

For those of you who want to take positive, constructive action in support of the program I am working to organize a unified lobbying effort to ensure that our voices are heard. I think all of us understand the importance of returning SMU Football to the competitive ranks. The cause is not lost as long as people care and are willing to take action. President Turner needs to hear from the fans as well as the money. Will you participate?
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Re: Recruiting Passionate Fans To Lobby President Turner

Postby smumustang1980 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:51 pm

About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:58 pm

smumustang1980 wrote:Contact: (214) 406-6491

Who should I ask to speak with?
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm

smusic 00

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:47 am

smumustang1980 wrote:For those of you who want to take positive, constructive action in support of the program I am working to organize a unified lobbying effort to ensure that our voices are heard. I think all of us understand the importance of returning SMU Football to the competitive ranks. The cause is not lost as long as people care and are willing to take action. President Turner needs to hear from the fans as well as the money. Will you participate?

Sorry man but you won't get past 30. Have you read this board at all?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 am

Were some posts deleted?
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby ponyboy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 am

I'd be completely onboard. But can someone please define the problem we're trying to solve? I don't want to gather my pitchforks, signs, and flaming torches only to march off into an empty field.
ponyboy

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 am

ponyboy wrote:I'd be completely onboard. But can someone please define the problem we're trying to solve?

This. What is the EXACT problem, what is our stance, what is the norm at other schools, and what is our recommended course of action.
CalallenStang

Postby floridianstang » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 am

SMU 86 wrote:Were some posts deleted?

No, they're on the other topic about ED.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby RyanSMU98 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:13 am

smumustang1980 give us something other than a phone number to work with and you might get some actual support. Nobody on this board has exactly been shy about sharing opinions with Hart, Turner, et. al., so what message are you trying to send?
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:22 am

RyanSMU98 wrote:smumustang1980 give us something other than a phone number to work with and you might get some actual support. Nobody on this board has exactly been shy about sharing opinions with Hart, Turner, et. al., so what message are you trying to send?

He is taking the union method of recruiting members. "Let's be unified in our voice to make management fix things!" It's not until after you join that you know if the union's idea of what should be fixed align with your own
CalallenStang

Postby BigT3x » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:28 am

So, what? We start bombarding Turner's office demanding that the football team gets better? You think he doesn't want the football team to be good?

SMU admits athletes who can barely read and write, has built a new school devoted to easy majors, has been willing to take chances on coaching hires that grab headlines (June and Larry), and has pretty nice facilities (although no IPF).

What do you want?
BigT3x
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 am

BigT3x wrote:So, what? We start bombarding Turner's office demanding that the football team gets better? You think he doesn't want the football team to be good?

SMU admits athletes who can barely read and write, has built a new school devoted to easy majors, has been willing to take chances on coaching hires that grab headlines (June and Larry), and has pretty nice facilities (although no IPF).

What do you want?

More fountains
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby floridianstang » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 am

BigT3x wrote:So, what? We start bombarding Turner's office demanding that the football team gets better? You think he doesn't want the football team to be good?

What do you want?

Someone mentioned on the other post something about an audit for the entire athletic department as a way to find holes and plug them before the new coach comes in.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby Alaric » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 am

CalallenStang wrote:
ponyboy wrote:I'd be completely onboard. But can someone please define the problem we're trying to solve?

This. What is the EXACT problem, what is our stance, what is the norm at other schools, and what is our recommended course of action.

---I apologize in advance for the quick flow of conciousness below, busy otherwise
---Isn't the problem that the school doesn't have a concerted, comprehensive plan to improve athletics and compete at a high level (top 25 in everything...)? Just because barriers have been reduced doesn't mean our administration has a comprehensive and well thought out plan.
---The original poster needs to prepare a white paper and present it to fans.
---SMU's sort of like Jerry Jones. We want a good team but we're scattered and have poor planning, administration and execution.
---I'd love to be more like Jimmy Johnson. Plan well, execute, stay up all night trying to improve talent at the 3rd string TE position.
---Stallion, the school getting out of the way of progress doesn't ensure success. We've removed self imposed impediments but that doesn't mean we've got an administration focused on winning
---Seems TCU has full administrative support, a plan and they execute well.
---Does this just revolve around talented, bright individuals? They leave and you're screwed?
---CAN THE LITTLE GUYS EVER MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Guys like M.S. try to make a difference, have a lot of money and just get frustrated by the process. If they can't make a difference, should the little guy try?
---Love the idea of an operational audit that's shared but don't ever see that happening.
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football