PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Eric Dickerson: Lack of Leadership

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Eric Dickerson: Lack of Leadership

Postby Ranger19 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 pm

Eric Dickerson is frustrated. I understand that. His friend and coach, June Jones, was forced out because he simply wasn't doing a good job. June gave up the week after the great TCU win when poor attendance marred a home game against UCF in 2011. Poor attendance is a problem. But June giving up IS ON JUNE. He then flirted with ASU, stayed under uncomfortable circumstances, and let SMU sink back to a lowly state while the true fans howled. June was successful when he cared; when he gave up, we were left with the wreckage.

ED should be a grand statesman for SMU. Instead, he is saying the wrong things at the wrong time. We are at a true crossroads. We can still end up on the right side of college football, but we are late to the dance and the window is closing quickly. IF we commit to a Chad Morris, aggressively recruit and WIN our conference in both football and basketball, we would be a solid pick for a P5 conference, should an opening present itself.

The great disservice June did to SMU has been in the last 3 years. Our football future will be decided in the next 3-5 years. June was hired to build a solid foundation and he only partially succeeded in his tenure. He tore down most of what he built in 2012-14.

I would say this to Eric Dickerson: Your school is at a crossroads. The next coach in football will be the most important hire in SMU sports history. We don't have much time. Get behind SMU; support the school and HELP give us a shot. As a great at both the college and NFL level, HELP PROPEL YOUR SCHOOL FORWARD. If all you can do is pile on, then please simply be quiet.
Ranger19
Recruit

Re: Eric Dickerson: Lack of Leadership

Postby ghost » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Well put. There should be clauses in coaches contracts that the school can void it if a coach is interviewing at other ncaa schools. It is devastating to recruiting at places that are not in the top 50% of Div 1 schools.
ghost
All-American

Postby Stangs1970 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Eric knows all of this, he is being hard headed. He should help us one more time with all he has got.

I tried to find an email online for him through a foundation or something and couldn't.

Loved that guy, made us all proud ans should have brought the 2nd heisman to us.............Robbed.
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:21 pm

He'll be alright. Eric Dickerson loves SMU and he cares deeply about the program. He's angry and frustrated, and SMU has given him about 25 years of ammo for those feelings. If Hart gets this right and we bring in someone who takes the program to the next level, Eric will be right there next to Lance McIlhenny cheering the Ponies on.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:50 pm

1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:He'll be alright. Eric Dickerson loves SMU and he cares deeply about the program. He's angry and frustrated, and SMU has given him about 25 years of ammo for those feelings. If Hart gets this right and we bring in someone who takes the program to the next level, Eric will be right there next to Lance McIlhenny cheering the Ponies on.

As long as we foot the bill........I've heard Eric doesn't do anything unless he's getting paid. Once a hired gun, always a hired gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football