PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU rivalry dead?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU rivalry dead?

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:57 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:Would you stop posting 20 [deleted] threads a day please? Just go away. Why won't you go away?!?!?!?

U mad bro? :lol:

I'm surprised the mods don't get tired of you defending one of you alias's with your other ones.

Read the PM I just sent
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU 86 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:15 pm

floridianstang wrote:They are no longer doing "Pound the Ponies" fundraiser for their young alumni...it is now "I35 Battle Royale" with Baylor. We dropped them in basketball, they may drop us in football. Do you think this is the end of the Iron Skillet?

I believe they dropped us in basketball.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ghost » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 pm

It is good for both teams although they should both add North Texas to play every year. For TCU it is almost like playing two home games since TCU is travelling well nowadays and has almost half the crowd at SMU. Short bus ride so a money saver and both teams draw good at TCU and SMU. Surprised that TCU draws more fans to SMU than Aggies do.
ghost
All-American

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 pm

floridianstang wrote:They are no longer doing "Pound the Ponies" fundraiser for their young alumni...it is now "I35 Battle Royale" with Baylor. We dropped them in basketball, they may drop us in football. Do you think this is the end of the Iron Skillet?

Then why are we doing fry the frogs?
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby floridianstang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:54 pm

SMU1523 wrote:

To get young alumni to give. Only we aren't being reciprocated.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby NewAgeMustange » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:59 pm

I've gotten so many damn sock emails, about giving it looks like they are still 500 people short. I enjoy this game and actually is the only one i've traveled for every year. I think that this is something that should be kept on the schedule.

I would love to see a Notre Dame vs. SMU game. (We are 3-10 against them, with the last win being Aloha Bowl in '84)
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby Oldmins » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:04 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Playing at home? We played at the AAC.

Sorry, I thought the American Airlines Center was in Dallas.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby StallionsModelT » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Oldmins wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:Playing at home? We played at the AAC.

Sorry, I thought the American Airlines Center was in Dallas.

Don't be dense. AAC is not our home venue. Nice try though.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:36 pm

floridianstang wrote:
SMU1523 wrote:

To get young alumni to give. Only we aren't being reciprocated.

https://sites.smu.edu/apps/alumni/frythefrogs/

You are right. If you read through the webpage it states nothing of a competition with TCU like previous years. If i'm not mistaken, we have won every year there was a competition with TCU alumni.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby deepellumfrog » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Congrats on your big fundraising wins. I love this game - always have. Love that i can bike from my house. What do you expect the fan split to be?
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:48 pm

deepellumfrog wrote:Congrats on your big fundraising wins. I love this game - always have. Love that i can bike from my house. What do you expect the fan split to be?

Seriously, what a dumb competition to be talking about -- fundraising. Who gives a [deleted]?

60/40 TCU fans is my guess. I'm a huge SMU football fan and i'm going reluctantly
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
deepellumfrog wrote:Congrats on your big fundraising wins. I love this game - always have. Love that i can bike from my house. What do you expect the fan split to be?

Seriously, what a dumb competition to be talking about -- fundraising. Who gives a [deleted]?

60/40 TCU fans is my guess. I'm a huge SMU football fan and i'm going reluctantly

These days at SMU, you must take inventory of your victories. Even the small ones.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby floridianstang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Alumni giving is part of the criteria US News and others use when ranking schools.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:44 pm

floridianstang wrote:

Alumni giving is part of the criteria US News and others use when ranking schools.

No [deleted], I give every year. But bragging you beat your local rival in getting more people to donate $25 is pretty pathetic
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby floridianstang » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 pm

floridianstang wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:[quote="deepellumfrog"]Congrats on your big fundraising wins. I love this game - always have. Love that i can bike from my house. What do you expect the fan split to be?

No [deleted], I give every year. But bragging you beat your local rival in getting more people to donate $25 is pretty pathetic[/quote]

Good, I donate too.
floridianstang
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football