PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU rivalry dead?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU rivalry dead?

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:35 pm

The SMU mindset confuses me-TCU had 5 times more fans there than SMU had in Ft Worth last year. Why don't be measure SMU's support by the same yardstick? It was an SMU home game
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Frog Barrister » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Frog Barrister wrote:No, not dead. The SMU rivalry has slid down the list, but I'd say its easily our 3rd biggest after Baylor & Tech. I hope we play every year in all sports and wish June waited until after this week to quit.

Haven't met any alums of Baylor or Tech who think of TCU as a "rival".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no idea that there were Tech students who actually graduated.
Frog Barrister
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Frog Barrister wrote:
PonySnob wrote:
Frog Barrister wrote:No, not dead. The SMU rivalry has slid down the list, but I'd say its easily our 3rd biggest after Baylor & Tech. I hope we play every year in all sports and wish June waited until after this week to quit.

Haven't met any alums of Baylor or Tech who think of TCU as a "rival".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no idea that there were Tech students who actually graduated.

Probably similar to the number of Fatterson football convicts who actually graduate.

I heard Brandon Carter is taking a 'break' from the team because he's putting the finishing touches on that masters thesis of his.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony81 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:37 pm

I hear you Stallion but TCU was coming to watch their team administer an [deleted] kicking and I would think they would bring lots of fans.
Last year SMU was a huge underdog and our fans were going to watch us get our [deleted] kicked.

You have to agree that fans tend to travel better when they are heavily favored to win.

The fact that TCU didn't travel very well nor did they stay the entire game shows they don't really care about SMU and don't get a particular pleasure in kicking our butts. That's what rivals do..... Stay till the end and enjoy every minute of their opponents misery.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football