PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Poll: Should They Clean House?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Should They Completely Clean House?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 96

Re: Poll: Should They Clean House?

Postby footballdad » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:55 pm

mrydel wrote:You are limited in number of coaches. OL coach took June's spot. Cannot sit them down, you have to cut them loose. Which is fine with me.

In that case cut Suan loose right now. He is literally like a little kid in the corner right now that is not allowed to speak. This new OLine coach has really come in and taken charge. It's a running joke in practice watching Suan try to get his 2 cents in.

Suan and either Morrison or Phillips right away would make 2 openings. No need for both Morrison and Phillips, especially since they both clash with Mason's ideas on offensive football. I suspect this OLine coach could help with the implementation of some more run based plays.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby stc9 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm

yakastang wrote:Footballdad is right on the offensive coaches undermining Masons HC authority, not only at practices but Morrison did in the A&M game as well. That's why I mentioned possible friction in the offense coach ranks previously. Mason needs to get Morrison gone if he is going to have any control over his own destiny.

This isn't the first thread where this has been said. What exactly are the offensive coaches doing to undermine Mason? Both you and football dad seem very confident that this is happening. I just want to know how or what they are doing.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:11 pm

stc9 wrote:
yakastang wrote:Footballdad is right on the offensive coaches undermining Masons HC authority, not only at practices but Morrison did in the A&M game as well. That's why I mentioned possible friction in the offense coach ranks previously. Mason needs to get Morrison gone if he is going to have any control over his own destiny.

This isn't the first thread where this has been said. What exactly are the offensive coaches doing to undermine Mason? Both you and football dad seem very confident that this is happening. I just want to know how or what they are doing.

Seconded
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Those Offensive guys better start worrying about scoring a POINT first. It is the CURSE OF JUNE JONES-we haven't scored a TD since he left
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Stallion wrote:Those Offensive guys better start worrying about scoring a POINT first. It is the CURSE OF JUNE JONES-we haven't scored a TD since he left

We scored in an away game against ECU but none at home so far.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby smumustang1980 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:01 am

Coach Mason said he thought he had a decent shot at the head coaching job next year if he won 5-6 games. He seriously believed he could win the games, and SMU retain him. If you listened to the post game interview in the radio this afternoon, reality was beginning to set in.

Amazing that he thought this team had the talent, or his assistants the ability to coach this team to a bowl.
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 am

smumustang1980 wrote:Coach Mason said he thought he had a decent shot at the head coaching job next year if he won 5-6 games. He seriously believed he could win the games, and SMU retain him. If you listened to the post game interview in the radio this afternoon, reality was beginning to set in.

Amazing that he thought this team had the talent, or his assistants the ability to coach this team to a bowl.

Guess he even bought into the JJ diamond in the turd rhetoric to some extent....
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 am

footballdad wrote:

Mason brought this new OLine coach in and sat Suan down and my understanding is the guy is actually teaching the O Linemen and the players love him.

It may not be possible, but it would be great if Mason could sit Morrison and Phillips in the corner and bring on an OC much more aligned with his vision. Probably can't because of the budget or something, but the 'can't change the offense that quickly' excuse doesn't hold water in our current predicament.

The OL has really shown improvement with the new guy Mason brought in..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:25 pm

All must go.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Pony Fan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:48 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:All must go.

No question, and it is too bad they still have several games to play. This is the worst team in the history of SMU athletics, in any sport.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:40 pm

A fresh start somewhere else would probably be goof for everyone.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:All must go.

Agreed.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 pm

there are 9 posters who want their votes back
Charleston Pony

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Honest question....and I truly can't believe I'm asking....

Would we beat Allen HS?
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby couch 'em » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Yes. But maybe not Abeline Christian or Midwestern State
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

PreviousNext