PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Poll: Should They Clean House?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Should They Completely Clean House?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 96

Re: Poll: Should They Clean House?

Postby docabel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 am

ponyte wrote:I hope this poll is about the Spanish Department.

I assumed it was about the janitorial services and keeping the new sophmore housing complex tidy???
docabel
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:55 am

docabel wrote:
ponyte wrote:I hope this poll is about the Spanish Department.

I assumed it was about the janitorial services and keeping the new sophmore housing complex tidy???

You do get that that's not sophomore housing, correct? It's for all four classes. Sophomores are spread amongst all dorms
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:57 am

Stallion wrote:I can't believe there are two votes for No. They are all gone from top to bottom.

I am telling you there are people that are lobbying Turner to retain Mason as the head coach. The guy yesterday said "Mason deserves his fair shot with his own damn players". I don't think we really have to worry about this happening. Sure Turner and the CoC could "save" a bunch of money by keeping Mason, but Turner must have enough sense to know SMU football would be over if he is that short-sighted.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:32 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Stallion wrote:I can't believe there are two votes for No. They are all gone from top to bottom.

I am telling you there are people that are lobbying Turner to retain Mason as the head coach. The guy yesterday said "Mason deserves his fair shot with his own damn players". I don't think we really have to worry about this happening. Sure Turner and the CoC could "save" a bunch of money by keeping Mason, but Turner must have enough sense to know SMU football would be over if he is that short-sighted.
that is the nightmare scenario Stallion correctly predicted as a possibility. If we mail it in and hire Mason I am done until he cracks the top 25. I just can't do it again.
Last edited by couch 'em on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby ideal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:35 am

Kansas may outbid us for Mason.
The ncaa is a R.I.C.O.
ideal
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU2007 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:39 am

couch 'em wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

there is the nightmare scenario Stallion correctly predicted as a possibility. If we mail it in and hire Mason I am done until he cracks the top 25. I just can't do it again.

Add me to that list. Done with football indefinitely if we hire mason.
SMU2007

Postby max the wonder dog » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:40 am

Rebel10 wrote:
Puckhead48E wrote:
MV pony wrote:Yes, starting with Turner. Thanks for the beautiful campus. FY for the horrible athletics. He should have made athletics a high priority sooner, assuming he ever made athletics a high priority.

How dare you question Turner and his bottled water?!?

Turner did promise June an IPF and never built it. So he needs to step up to the plate as well.

As I recall, there were plans for an IPF across Mockingbird and June said he didn't want his players to cross the street.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 am

Relax. There is no way in Hell that Turner and Hart keep Mason around, or anyone else on this Titanic. The program is a total teardown right now. Anyone with one iota of common sense can see that. Mason et al are gone as soon as this [deleted] show of a season ends.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:13 am

What y'all waste your time on is amazing. Mason is doing us right by finishing this era up. Hope he lands a job out of it. It won't be at SMU, certainly not as HC. His only shot is to be retained as DC, and I put that at about a 5 pct chance.
gostangs

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

Please God noooooo!!!! This is what really has me worried.
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:The guy yesterday said "Mason deserves his fair shot with his own damn players".

The defense consists of Mason's "own damn players" and they're the worst in FBS.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:23 pm

couch 'em wrote:that is the nightmare scenario Stallion correctly predicted as a possibility.

I worried about it too....see below:

post by Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:26 am
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:.....Plus what if Mason were to win a few games? Who knows Turner may see Mason as another lap-dog and hire Mason as the next coach...a possible "Pro-Mason as our next coach" contingent from forming.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:10 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:The guy yesterday said "Mason deserves his fair shot with his own damn players".

The defense consists of Mason's "own damn players" and they're the worst in FBS.

Right, Mason said on video that he recruited 3/4th's of the team so for the most part they are his own players.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:14 pm

couch 'em wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

that is the nightmare scenario Stallion correctly predicted as a possibility. If we mail it in and hire Mason I am done until he cracks the top 25. I just can't do it again.

Some may that are friends with him may want the administration to force the new coach to keep Mason as DC. The new coach needs to be able to pick his own staff imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:29 pm

There will be a new coach and the new coach will assemble his own staff, hopefully with ample salaries such as has been mentioned. The only swaying from this would be if there was any way to get Vic back. He was hired separately in the past and it could be done again. It would take a lot of money but he sure seemed like he wanted to be here if the price could be paid. Having a S&C coach from the current national champions could not hurt.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football