PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RB KC Nlemchi is suspended indefinitely

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: RB KC Nlemchi is suspended indefinitely

Postby ponyinNC » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:12 pm

gostangs wrote:oja is a cali guy living in Austin. Don't have to really know any more than that about his gonja opinion.

gonja? now we really do need the grammar police! :lol:

jk
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 pm

ojaipony wrote:
malonish wrote:
ojaipony wrote:WTF?!? Surprising - seems like the kid is a stand up guy. Reminds me of the same feeling I got when I heard Taylor was kicked off. If it was just from smoking the reefer, this is stupid. We need him on the field.

It's still an unlawful action(in most states) and we don't need people breaking laws if that was the case.

I went 5 miles above the speed limit this morning. Maybe I should stop being involved in Mustang Club now.

Guess we need to start passing around my special combo of Meth and Heroin, I call it Methroin.
Then again let's not compare a motor violation with a drug charge :mrgreen:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:36 pm

malonish wrote: Guess we need to start passing around my special combo of Meth and Heroin, I call it Methroin.

Is smoking weed a misdemeanor like a traffic ticket for speeding or is it a felony like murder?
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:01 pm

SMU 86 wrote:
malonish wrote: Guess we need to start passing around my special combo of Meth and Heroin, I call it Methroin.

Is smoking weed a misdemeanor like a traffic ticket for speeding or is it a felony like murder?

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2

Penalty depends on the amount possessed, manufactured, or sold. Smoking itself is not really an offense(unless caught mid toke-> possession) but a team/employer may fire you if testing positive for it is against policy.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPride » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Video on PonyFans.com home page
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby Digetydog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 am

malonish wrote:
SMU 86 wrote:

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2

Penalty depends on the amount possessed, manufactured, or sold. Smoking itself is not really an offense(unless caught mid toke-> possession) but a team/employer may fire you if testing positive for it is against policy.

The bottom line is that it is against the law. While that might change, it might not.

Even traffic tickets come with penalties (Hello Defensive Driving and "court fees"). If Nlemchi broke the rules, he needs to pay a penalty. While he certainly doesn't deserve "the chair," a couple game suspension is probably not out of line.

Otherwise, you end up with programs like FSU where players get away with small stuff to the point that they expect to get away with serious felonies.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am

Digetydog wrote:
Otherwise, you end up with programs like FSU

You mean, national championships? Ok, let's not do that.

For the record, and as hard as it might be to believe, I've never even touched a single illegal drug. Heck, I've never even smoked a cigarette and only drink a bourbon occasionally. The very first time I ever even SAW a joint was when I was at SMU . . . by the way.
Last edited by ojaipony on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ojaipony

Postby Stallion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am

if its picked up on an NCAA random drug test or through school disciplinary procedure-its has to be dealt with in accordance with SMU school policy. Usually that includes more than one strike before playing time is lost. Also it is an NCAA violation for a school to fail to follow its own drug policy.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby EastStang » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 am

One toke over the line!
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ponyboy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 am

Pfft. Stuff needs to be legalized anyway.
ponyboy

Postby Digetydog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:56 am

ojaipony wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

For the record, and as hard as it might be to believe, I've never even touched a single illegal drug. Heck, I've never smoked and only drink a bourbon occasionally. The very first time I ever even SAW a joint was when I was at SMU . . . by the way.

While I did drink a bit back in my fraternity days, I have never inhaled or really felt the need to try illegal drugs. Just not my thing.

My point was that sustainable FB programs set reasonable rules and they enforce them ensuring that players understand that there are consequences for their actions. Unless players face consequences, someone eventually pushes things "too far" to cover up and the program suffers.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby fifty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Jameis Winston lies, cheats, steals, assaults and he gets less punishment. That is one reason they win championships and we win sportsmanship awards.
fifty
Heisman

Postby smusportspage » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:41 pm

ojaipony wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

For the record, and as hard as it might be to believe, I've never even touched a single illegal drug. Heck, I've never smoked and only drink a bourbon occasionally. The very first time I ever even SAW a joint was when I was at SMU . . . by the way.

First time you saw a joint was at SMU? You must have gone to a candyass highschool! :lol:
Last edited by smusportspage on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Digetydog wrote:
ojaipony wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

While I did drink a bit back in my fraternity days, I have never inhaled or really felt the need to try illegal drugs. Just not my thing.

My point was that sustainable FB programs set reasonable rules and they enforce them ensuring that players understand that there are consequences for their actions. Unless players face consequences, someone eventually pushes things "too far" to cover up and the program suffers.

Just one look at all the dopers and criminals at UT that Brown had can contradict that. You must not have heard of Florida and other SEC schools. SMU is not a drug free campus by the way. And if you think players at Alabama and OU don't smoke dope then you are not living in reality. Former OU player Adrian Peterson just admitted to smoking dope. You think he just started after he graduated from OU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:26 pm

a lot of players at Big Time powerhouses are suspended every year for "violating team rules" when its really multiple positive drug test strikes under school policy. You think anybody not following SMU has even heard of Niemchi or that he was suspended. Same thing with all you guys thinking SMU is so much different than everybody else.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Football