PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Effort

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Effort

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
mrydel wrote:Yeah. It's my fault

I know that those of you who are still doing your part to support these guys are providing an occasional jolt of adrenaline...but without the talent to match our opponents, there just isn't much you guys can do. Long live the 1500

1500+1. I'm still here. I think im the only student left watching this joke of a game
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Puckhead48E » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Yeah....uhhhmmmm. 35K fans couldn't change this. Talent changes this. Preparation changes this. Coming off a bye week looking like you actually used the time to plan for something changes this. Heart takes you from 95% to 100%, or overcomes a minor talent differential. Heart does not make up for a talent differential like this (aka, pretty much every game we will play this season).
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Effort

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:30 pm

mrydel wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:
mrydel wrote:I understood you. The crowd here now does not total 1,500.

And those that are here are taking cues from the team and not really caring

Don't you ever accuse me of not caring.

Wasn't talking about you but about the majority of those here. There are still a few paying attention to the game. But not many. Certainly not the majority.

And don't ever accuse me of accusing you of not caring.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:33 pm

I may accuse myself. I have a 5 hour drive back and I may not stay until the end of this one. It is tough to watch.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Puckhead48E wrote:Yeah....uhhhmmmm. 35K fans couldn't change this. Talent changes this. Preparation changes this. Coming off a bye week looking like you actually used the time to plan for something changes this. Heart takes you from 95% to 100%, or overcomes a minor talent differential. Heart does not make up for a talent differential like this (aka, pretty much every game we will play this season).

If we had 35k in Ford for every home game (no matter who the opponent), recruiting would be easier and we would not be in the mess we are. Do we need to go back and re-visit why the SWC broke up to begin with...and why SMU was among the cast-offs? Just look to the west to Ft Worth to see what could have been done a long time ago...if we had an administration and enough people who cared
Charleston Pony

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:38 pm

mrydel wrote:I may accuse myself. I have a 5 hour drive back and I may not stay until the end of this one. It is tough to watch.

That isn't not caring. That's being smart about driver safety
CalallenStang

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Puckhead48E wrote:Yeah....uhhhmmmm. 35K fans couldn't change this. Talent changes this. Preparation changes this. Coming off a bye week looking like you actually used the time to plan for something changes this. Heart takes you from 95% to 100%, or overcomes a minor talent differential. Heart does not make up for a talent differential like this (aka, pretty much every game we will play this season).

If we had 35k in Ford for every home game (no matter who the opponent), recruiting would be easier and we would not be in the mess we are. Do we need to go back and re-visit why the SWC broke up to begin with...and why SMU was among the cast-offs? Just look to the west to Ft Worth to see what could have been done a long time ago...if we had an administration and enough people who cared

Yes, if we had 35K in the stadium June would still have gone for DITR recruits. Don't be fool and fool yourself by the Jones rhetoric.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Effort

Postby Big12Mustang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:27 pm

If we had 35k at Ford today, the only thing that would change is that you would have 30k more people pissed off at this circus
Last edited by Big12Mustang on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:28 pm

It's recruiting and coaching that will fix this...stop blaming the fans, we draw appropriately for an 0-12 team.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby covok48 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:It's recruiting and coaching that will fix this...stop blaming the fans, we draw appropriately for an 0-12 team.

This. Stop blaming the fans who are at the game. Stop blaming fans who are not at the game. Just stop blaming the fans, period.

No one has to show up for this crap if they don't want to. It's thier choice and they choose not to watch this turd of a game.
---------------

"If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning isn't very exciting." -- [deleted] Vermeil
covok48
Junior Varsity

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 am

Charleston Pony wrote:none of us would be at the game or watching the game or listening to the game and posting on PonyFans if we didn't care. Mrs CP doesn't understand why I didn't just want to go the beach today as we have a beautiful clear sky 84 degree day here. I tell her it's a serious sickness I have

We all have SMUbola.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:40 am

Big12Mustang wrote:If we had 35k at Ford today, the only thing that would change is that you would have 35k more people [deleted] off at this circus

I was about to agree with you, but then I realized it would only be about 30K more people pissed off about it

Keepin the streak alive.....
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:34 am

blackoutpony wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:If we had 35k at Ford today, the only thing that would change is that you would have 35k more people [deleted] off at this circus

I was about to agree with you, but then I realized it would only be about 30K more people [deleted] off about it

Keepin the streak alive.....

Good catch. I think we did have around 5k butts in seats today so that's about right. 30k, not 35k :lol:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football