PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Davis not playing makes no sense.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Davis not playing makes no sense.

Postby jimhagle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 pm

The PonyGrad wrote:In defense of Deon, he has been taking the ball out less often except at the end when the game was out of hand.
:?

Deion has gotten better [and should have been better all along] and atleast gives us a chance of a long return whereas Stafford doesn't.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

sbsmith wrote:
jimhagle wrote:I guess you will find out like the others on this sight.

I think not, well not unless he's been playing possum this entire time or he's moving to another position.

Pretty hard to play possum when you are on the bench. He didn't play possum when he got in Saturday. I seriously doubt he will moved to another position when he has the most talent of any of the QBs we have.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:29 pm

jimhagle wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
jimhagle wrote:I guess you will find out like the others on this sight.

I think not, well not unless he's been playing possum this entire time or he's moving to another position.

Pretty hard to play possum when you are on the bench. He didn't play possum when he got in Saturday. I seriously doubt he will moved to another position when he has the most talent of any of the QBs we have.

That's like saying you're the tallest midget (no offense to little people).

He hasn't been inspiring in any game I've watched. He tends to run around in circles in the backfield before being tackled. Let's just wait it out until next year. I don't think the answer is anywhere on our roster.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 pm

jimhagle wrote:Pretty hard to play possum when you are on the bench. He didn't play possum when he got in Saturday. I seriously doubt he will moved to another position when he has the most talent of any of the QBs we have.

You mean him not having a clue what to do when dropping back isn't playing possum? Because if isn't an act and he's really that dim then he's not ever going to be our starting QB no matter how talented he supposedly is. Keep in mind that the new guy will bring in his own QBs and may not want Davis at that position.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jimhagle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:37 pm

He's trying to make plays rather than take a sack and he was pretty productive for the few reps he had Saturday. Yes, he leaves the pocket a little early but he isn't that comfortable in our complex inane offense yet. Playing would help take care of some of that.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm

jimhagle wrote:He's trying to make plays rather than take a sack and he was pretty productive for the few reps he had Saturday. Yes, he leaves the pocket a little early but he isn't that comfortable in our complex inane offense yet. Playing would help take care of some of that.

Playing time would help Davis more than sitting on the bench but why should he get it if Krstich is better at running the offense?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby jimhagle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Krstich was bad on Saturday against a very average defense. Since we aren't going anywhere this year we should find out about Davis while we have 6 games to go. We have nothing to lose because we are probably going to lose out.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 pm

jimhagle wrote:Krstich was bad on Saturday against a very average defense. Since we aren't going anywhere this year we should find out about Davis while we have 6 games to go. We have nothing to lose because we are probably going to lose out.

Mason can't really afford to think that way though because he's a guy just trying to win football games and Krstich gives him the best chance to do that given the offense we run.

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby dirtysouthpony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:00 pm

http://youtu.be/ICdXAmd1TWA

Garret Gilbert ain't walking through that door, Lance McIlhenny is not walking through that door.

What has Krstich accomplished that makes him untouchable? He's had one decent half of football against a terrible defense at ECU. Davis has produced with the few opportunities that he has gotten. We are obviously playing political games of some sort with the qb position. That can be my only conclusion at this juncture.
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm

dirtysouthpony wrote:http://youtu.be/ICdXAmd1TWA

Garret Gilbert ain't walking through that door, Lance McIlhenny is not walking through that door.

What has Krstich accomplished that makes him untouchable? He's had one decent half of football against a terrible defense at ECU. Davis has produced with the few opportunities that he has gotten. We are obviously playing political games of some sort with the qb position. That can be my only conclusion at this juncture.

Who said Krstich was untouchable? And what has Davis produced except one horrific INT and a few garbage time scrambles?

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby fifty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Krstich probably tries harder
fifty
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

I can only assume a lot of you haven't been around to see how incompetent Davis has been by the time he entered games. I've seen every play-just awful. Clearly deserves a Grade of F
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ftworthmustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Watching Davis play QB is like watching a Chinese fire drill. He looks downfield at something for 3 seconds and then starts running around in the backfield. He got lucky once Saturday and found a gap, but other than that nothing. No point playing him if we continue running this offense. Doesn't do him or the team any good.
ftworthmustang
Varsity

Postby dirtysouthpony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

ftworthmustang wrote:Watching Davis play QB is like watching a Chinese fire drill. He looks downfield at something for 3 seconds and then starts running around in the backfield. He got lucky once Saturday and found a gap, but other than that nothing. No point playing him if we continue running this offense. Doesn't do him or the team any good.

And this is the thing that amazes me. Why on God's green earth would we contiinue running this offense? Be creative. Play Gaines and Hipps as tight end. run a 2 back with Line as a blocker. let Davis run wildcat. Could any of those choices yield any results that are worse than what we have already seen this season?
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Postby GreenbeltPony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:04 pm

dirtysouthpony wrote:
ftworthmustang wrote:Watching Davis play QB is like watching a Chinese fire drill. He looks downfield at something for 3 seconds and then starts running around in the backfield. He got lucky once Saturday and found a gap, but other than that nothing. No point playing him if we continue running this offense. Doesn't do him or the team any good.

And this is the thing that amazes me. Why on God's green earth would we contiinue running this offense? Be creative. Play Gaines and Hipps as tight end. run a 2 back with Line as a blocker. let Davis run wildcat. Could any of those choices yield any results that are worse than what we have already seen this season?

What I want to see:
Run the "normal" playbook this weekend. If we lose, we drop to 0-7 and can't go bowling. That should be free rein to open the playbook and go crazy.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football