PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will we get the true story?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Will we get the true story?

Postby ponyinNC » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
ponyinNC wrote:Who truly cares anymore? We don't deserve to be a D1 football program. No admin support. No fan support. High school talent on the field. A university president that doesn't seem to care.

Why are any of us even fans of this crap? I've got better things to do with my Saturdays.

Love your fandom...wow.

My fandom? Shut up b1tch you joined this board in 2014.

I've actually defended your dumb @ss at times but enough is enough. I don't have to prove myself or my fandom to some little c()nt that literally joined the board this year under 2 or 3 different aliases and continues to spout unbelievably stupid bs.

I've been watching SMU football since you were a stain on your mom's panties.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:13 pm

ponyinNC wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:
ponyinNC wrote:Who truly cares anymore? We don't deserve to be a D1 football program. No admin support. No fan support. High school talent on the field. A university president that doesn't seem to care.

Why are any of us even fans of this crap? I've got better things to do with my Saturdays.

Love your fandom...wow.

My fandom? Shut up b1tch you joined this board in 2014.

I've actually defended your dumb @ss at times but enough is enough. I don't have to prove myself or my fandom to some little c()nt that literally joined the board this year under 2 or 3 different aliases and continues to spout unbelievably stupid bs.

I've been watching SMU football since you were a stain on your mom's panties.

Chill out man, your original post was pretty depressing and I had to call you out.

And why are you pointing out that I joined in 2014?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyKris89 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

You call anybody out, questioning their fandom on PF, and you will get what you get. Question intelligence, opinions, whatever, but when
you do that, well, get ready for the blowback. And PonyInNC is usually very respectful, so you know you crossed the line.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 am

Hart has to earn his stripes here. A lot of $$$ folks want a name coach, like Mack Brown. He's a known quantity, he's known in Dallas and has recruited well for the most part. I am sure others would like an up and comer with fire in his belly and who will take us to a new level and move on to richer pastures. The answer of course is those with the $$$ make the rules unless Hart can sell someone who is a credible can't miss up and comer, like Sumlin was to the Aggies and Briles was to Baylor. We can't afford in this environment to be irrelevant for four years and that may be the deciding factor. We can't afford to take a flier here. The basketball concept of a coach and coach in waiting may be what they look at.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 am

thanks Kris. too many drinks last night combined with a sick 18 month old daughter contributed to that post. but you are right, posters really shouldn't question another's "fandom" simply because they've lost hope during a dreadful season. it should be understandable at this point.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 pm

In this particular instance, I don't have any inside knowledge of the situation, but I've dealt with the university long enough to know that "resigned for personal reasons" could very well be PR-speak for "forced out". Similar language has been used in the past in situations that I did have insider knowledge of. The fact that June's contract was "extended" with an allegedly more SMU-friendly buyout leads me to believe this is a possible scenario.

So for me, I'll reserve final judgement regarding SMU's commitment to athletics based on who they hire. I think we need another splash hire like Larry Brown to shock life back into the program.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU1523 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 pm

ponyinNC wrote:thanks Kris. too many drinks last night combined with a sick 18 month old daughter contributed to that post. but you are right, posters really shouldn't question another's "fandom" simply because they've lost hope during a dreadful season. it should be understandable at this point.

Don't worry about the post ponyinNC, we have all had those drunken PF posts...
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Chad Morris, Tom Herman or maybe even Mack Brown would be Larry Brown type hires imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm

ponyinNC wrote:thanks Kris. too many drinks last night combined with a sick 18 month old daughter contributed to that post. but you are right, posters really shouldn't question another's "fandom" simply because they've lost hope during a dreadful season. it should be understandable at this point.

I apologize NC, didn't mean for it to come out that way. It just saddens me to hear people speak that way about us.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Wow, check out the mutual respect taking hold on PFs! That's a refreshing change.

With regard to EastStang's comments, I think our $$$ guys actually listen to Turner and Hart. This isn't A&M, where the football boosters run the university (at least it isn't anymore). If Turner and Hart think they've found the best candidate, I'm pretty sure our $$$ guys will line up behind it. Whether its a name guy or an up and comer, the biggest thing will be the staff the new coach hires. LB has shown what putting the right staff together can do. . .and I think SMU has absorbed the lesson.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby redpony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:48 pm

I have confidence that we will make the right decision and be able to move this program forward.

As to the 'true story'- I doubt if we (on pf) will ever know that. My personal feeling is that after tiki didn't get all that he wanted in the time frame that he wanted he decided to leave. When the ASU deal blew up he was left with no choice but to stay here until he could find another situation. Shortly after that I feel he decided to 'submarine' the program and leave it where he found it when he came here just to spite the school and the fans.
redpony

Postby WildBillPony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

The CoC & even the university should collectively file a suit against tiki and Steinberg for gross negligence
WildBillPony
Varsity

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:

I apologize NC, didn't mean for it to come out that way. It just saddens me to hear people speak that way about us.

all good - my apologies
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm

1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Wow, check out the mutual respect taking hold on PFs! That's a refreshing change.

With regard to EastStang's comments, I think our $$$ guys actually listen to Turner and Hart. This isn't A&M, where the football boosters run the university (at least it isn't anymore). If Turner and Hart think they've found the best candidate, I'm pretty sure our $$$ guys will line up behind it. Whether its a name guy or an up and comer, the biggest thing will be the staff the new coach hires. LB has shown what putting the right staff together can do. . .and I think SMU has absorbed the lesson.

It's just a shame we ran off so many of the big $$ guys although I think that was part of the death penalty so actually the NCAA ran them off
Charleston Pony

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Wow, check out the mutual respect taking hold on PFs! That's a refreshing change.

It's just a shame we ran off so many of the big $$ guys although I think that was part of the death penalty so actually the NCAA ran them off

I thought SMU actually ran them off.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football