PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We Must Project A Positive Attitude

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We Must Project A Positive Attitude

Postby smumustang1980 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:47 am

I've watched SMU football since I was three; my mother having taken us to the old Cotton Bowl to see the Mustangs while my father was overseas on business. I used to sneak in free at the Cotton Bowl because I knew the old man who held the ramp gate for the players. That's 53 years of experience. I am an 1980 alumnus, and have been to some very memorable away games. As a former Mustang Band alumnus from the era of men (we admitted one woman in 1977), I am passionate about SMU and the team. When I was a freshman, I met Peruna in a barn and kissed his [deleted] - college men being what they are. I hope to go out of this world in the stands watching the Ponies - although, hopefully, not terribly soon. They are, without question, horrible at the moment. I feel sorry for the kids. The ones who should have never been offered and the few who have some talent. Having said this, it's not going to do us any good to feel sorry for ourselves, the program, or the team. It's time to show some humor, and place things in perspective. It's a game, we all love, but it's nonetheless a game. Attitude is at this moment unquestionably very important. I go to every home game, contribute to the Mustang Club, and hope without reason for a win this season. Let us do something dramatic as fans, something symbolic. When the Titanic was sinking, the musicians played as if the end was meaningless. The SMU story has not been finally written, although it is filled with triumph and tragedy alike.

Come to the games. And, hope for the best.

Hubba Hubba
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Re: We Must Project A Positive Attitude

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm with you on remaining optimistic that this team will win a game and I hope I am there to witness that win against USF, although it would obviously be fine by me if these guys could beat Memphis or Tulsa before that game. These guys work hard and I want them to taste success. Thanks to all those who are still coming out to support the team and for letting them know there are still some who care.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football