PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who else gets the feeling that many players have checked out

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who else gets the feeling that many players have checked

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am

ojaipony wrote:The lack of effort is what ultimately bothers the heck out of me. Of course, bad recruiting/JJ, etc, is the ultimate issue but as a former player the lack of effort and competitive PRIDE is the hardest thing to watch for me. And then I just have to stop watching because I can't let myself not get emotional about it.

I couldn't agree more. There were obvious signs of this in the second half of the UNT game and from there on in its been a steady decline. A lot of this is on June and the rest of the coaching staff that has been stealing money from this university for years. That said, there are a lot of kids out there who are flat out stealing from this university. What they've been running out there this year is beyond pathetic. I truly hope the next coach upon his hire watches these games closely and takes notice of those kids who are true warriors out there giving maximum effort despite some pretty rough circumstances, and those who are happy to take the $60K a year scholarship to simply go through the motions or wave to family and friends in the stands while the game is going on. This program needs a complete overhaul.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby knuckleup » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:45 am

Hey I still believe we are just 3-5 years away from have smart supportive bloggers on this site. Maybe just maybe with a little luck we can get there in 2 years if we get a really good new coach. Then we can get all the toxic poster off this site and give a little credit to the fellas working there _sses off just to see the 5 people show up at the game and all the lame wannabes on this site complain,..too funny bro
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 am

Have you ever visited a college football message board for any other team? This place is candyland
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby knuckleup » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:51 am

Oh yea.I'm no rookie my man. This site seems to be toxic win or lose
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 pm

My view is that this team is best classified as "fragile". If something goes wrong, the roof follows. When we drove down the field and appeared to get a touchdown, only to have it called back, we fell apart. Kind of the "what else can go wrong" mentality. The came out ready to play on Saturday, but after the TD was called back, they just lost confidence. And it showed.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Football