PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Doug Meacham and Sonny Cumbie

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:27 pm

No one has talked about bringing in Meacham as our coach and Sonny Cumbie as the OC/Quarterbacks coach..

I think these are the only coordinators which have outdone the other ones that have been mentioned. TCU is set to have scored more points in 7 games than what they have in the entire season...58 points in a road loss is impressive.

They would probably take the job since it is a promotion for both. Thoughts?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Doug Meacham and Sonny Cumbie

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 pm

If they can turn Boykin into a heisman like qb, imagine what they could do with Matt Davis.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I mentioned Meacham. Several weeks ago. I also believe in allowing a new coach to pick their own staff
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:29 pm

I think they're pretty nested in right now, but both would be a home run hire(s). TCU went from having one of the worst offenses in 2013 to the #5 scoring offense in 2014 with virtually the same product on the field. Coach Cumbie has worked miracles with Boykin.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Deep Purple » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:29 am

Big12Mustang wrote:No one has talked about bringing in Meacham as our coach and Sonny Cumbie as the OC/Quarterbacks coach..

I think these are the only coordinators which have outdone the other ones that have been mentioned. TCU is set to have scored more points in 7 games than what they have in the entire season...58 points in a road loss is impressive.

How would moving from OC/Quarterbacks coach at TCU to become OC/Quarterbacks coach at SMU be a promotion for Cumbie?
These Frogs have horns!
Deep Purple
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 am

He is our Village Idiot-just forget it
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby malonish » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 am

Deep Purple wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:No one has talked about bringing in Meacham as our coach and Sonny Cumbie as the OC/Quarterbacks coach..

How would moving from OC/Quarterbacks coach at TCU to become OC/Quarterbacks coach at SMU be a promotion for Cumbie?

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:44 am

malonish wrote:Image

TCU has plenty of that and they spend theirs on football not fountains.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Deep Purple » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am

malonish wrote:
Deep Purple wrote:

SMU will never outspend TCU when it comes to football. Administration isn't committed enough to allocate that kind of moola -- plus TCU is earning about $18-$20 million more than SMU per year in football revenue.
These Frogs have horns!
Deep Purple
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am

double that-you forgot to add gameday revenue
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Ahhh even the ponyfans defend TCU. :lol:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Deep Purple wrote:

Doug Meacham coming in as HC and getting Cumbie in the staff as his OC/Playcaller.

Enlighten me, Deep Purple, how exactly is moving from OC at Tech to TCU a promotion?
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Alaric » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:20 pm

I actually suggested Sonny Cumbie a year or two ago as a young HC. Not only is he a good x's and o's coach, he's also a great recruiter.
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Alaric wrote:I actually suggested Sonny Cumbie a year or two ago as a young HC. Not only is he a good x's and o's coach, he's also a great recruiter.

Cumbie would be great. He developed Boykin pretty well. Imagine how he could develop Matt Davis or Colbert.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby deepellumfrog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
Deep Purple wrote:

Doug Meacham coming in as HC and getting Cumbie in the staff as his OC/Playcaller.

Enlighten me, Deep Purple, how exactly is moving from OC at Tech to TCU a promotion?

Because It's a move fromTech to TCU .....duh....
deepellumfrog
All-American

Next

Return to Football