PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rick Hart, you own this disaster...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rick Hart, you own this disaster...

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 pm

FriscoChuck wrote:This season stinks but we gotta let it play out. Everyone following this team could see this mess forming 3 years ago. Although none of us thought it would be winless. There still is some talent on this team but just no hope. A new coach will bring the hope back.

Honestly, where is the talent? We have virtually no difference makers at the skill positions, no quarterback, shaky offensive line play, we get no pressure, our linebackers are slow and show no real instinctive ability, and our secondary is probably the worst in the nation. I'm really scratching my head to think of 10 guys who will be coming back next year that would warrant a scholarship at any other D1A program.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Will we have 5K in the stands for the remaining home games?

That would be more than we had today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 pm

we will finish the season with crowds like we had against UCF last year...but hopefully no ice storms to blame...just bad football
Charleston Pony

Postby couch 'em » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Will we have 5K in the stands for the remaining home games?

All the June-lovers from the last 3 years better be there reaping what they sowed.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Close the stadium club and suites - stands only next two games. Haha
GiddyUp

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

couch 'em wrote:

All the June-lovers from the last 3 years better be there reaping what they sowed.

Ponyboy...front and center.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:57 pm

What we see this season didn't happen overnight, but it has happened on RGT's watch. He is quick to take credit for things accomplished at the university, so it's only fair he takes responsibility for this disaster. He never misses the chance for a photo-op though.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby ponyscott » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:04 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:What we see this season didn't happen overnight, but it has happened on RGT's watch. He is quick to take credit for things accomplished at the university, so it's only fair he takes responsibility for this disaster. He never misses the chance for a photo-op though.

Agree as he wouldn't let this happen to the Business school or the law school on a National stage for instance.
ponyscott

Postby smumustang1980 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Stallion wrote:The first thread I read is in the pole position for stupid overreaction post of the day.

This is June Jones' baby all the way

In all honesty, I was so angry this afternoon I couldn't restrain myself and should have tempered my comments directing my wrath at Turner instead of his alter ego. I'm never comfortable with Turner's public or private voice of support for the program. And, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Ultimately, Turner is responsible for the mess. I hope I am wrong about the sincerity of RGT.

We are all passionate about the program, so I will take the hits for the thread.

It is June's catastrophe, and the bastard is not here... I can't imagine another administration having kept a coach at $2m a year after the ASU fiasco. It all goes back to this.
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Postby redpony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:04 pm

+1 This is truly on turner, casper and the CofC. The result of their refusal to act after the ASU fiasco is what we have today. The buyout at that time likely pales in comparison to the damage that has occurred to our fball program and our university.
redpony

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Mr. Hart was not even a consideration for employment when the ASU incident occurred. Some of you need to realize where the problem is and who we need to support to get it corrected.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU1523 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Rick Hart is the last person to blame. He has shown nothing short of great leadership during his time at SMU. Let him hire someone before you judge the man.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:19 pm

This Hart Casper stuff is crazy. He has made all the right moves except firing June end of last year, and everyone who has a clue what went on knows why. It wasn't that Hart wanted him here.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby SMU2007 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 pm

I think mason was hopeful he could somehow turn things around and have an outside shot at keeping the job. Now that it has played out exactly like we all thought it would (being humiliated on the field with high school talent), he's realized it is a lost cause
SMU2007

Postby smumustang1980 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:08 pm

SMU2007 wrote:I think mason was hopeful he could somehow turn things around and have an outside shot at keeping the job. Now that it has played out exactly like we all thought it would (being humiliated on the field with high school talent), he's realized it is a lost cause

Yes, he thought he could win 5-6 games. Sad.
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football