PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Section 104 loves their Mustangs!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Section 104 loves their Mustangs!

Postby well travelled pony » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:51 am

mustangbill67 wrote:Row 8 was about 30 percent full. The entire stadium emptied out at the half. We stayed until the end of the 3rd.

While I wasn't there in person, I watched until the bitter end.

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby jpe747 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 am

I was at the game with my wife and two granddaughters. Late second quarter my wife told me she was close to heat exhaustion and the granddaughters were miserable. So, we left pretty early. Unfortunately the heat drove off many fans as we saw lots of people walking to their cars.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby BUS » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 am

E and I had chance to get out of heat and watched game from box. Nice food and drink in the box and A/C. Did go and say hello to the 104 group in 1st qtr.

Actually sold my seats what asked by a chamber friend that wanted tickets.

WE got abused. Did see a couple good hits on D.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:29 am

I stood in front of the video board with about 12 minutes left in the 4th, there couldn't have been more than 400 people in the stands.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PonySnob » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:31 am

jpe747 wrote:I was at the game with my wife and two granddaughters. Late second quarter my wife told me she was close to heat exhaustion and the granddaughters were miserable. So, we left pretty early. Unfortunately the heat drove off many fans as we saw lots of people walking to their cars.

Not sure it was just the heat driving off the fans..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 am

It was kind of humorous to watch those who moved to the grassy knoll. As the shade from the video board moved so did the crowd. Announcers mentioned how it was probably the only heat bearable area in the stadium.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby fifty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:35 am

I tried to get food truck food at the end of the 3rd and even they were packing up/closed.
fifty
Heisman

Postby Pony in SA » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 am

Read Buck Harvey's column in SA Express News from Sunday about Larry Brown. He mentions LB joking about seats to choose from at game and something about not bringing bball recruits to see it. Impact of not having at least competitive football team unfortunately trickles down to other things, why it is important to get this fixed.
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 am

Football attendance would be nice to improve. However I don't think KU was packing them in when LB was there
RGV Pony

Postby ponypridecirca1989 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:40 am

Very, very sad. I feel bad for the players/cheerleaders/band etc.

I would attend but the games almost always conflict with my kids' soccer games.

It's easy when your team is a winner - almost everyone is on board. Although I know the stadium wasn't full of SMU fans anyway even when the team was doing better. Getting people to support the kids when they aren't even competitive is apparently asking the impossible.
ponypridecirca1989

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 am

Players, cheerleaders and band do not have to pay for tickets and rights fee to see the game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby 03Mustang » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 am

ponypridecirca1989 wrote:Very, very sad. I feel bad for the players/cheerleaders/band etc.

It's easy when your team is a winner - almost everyone is on board. Although I know the stadium wasn't full of SMU fans anyway even when the team was doing better. Getting people to support the kids when they aren't even competitive is apparently asking the impossible.

I say this as someone who has kids in youth sports myself and occasionally has a conflict that requires me to miss a game, but until our fans show up anyway and in force, comments like this say all anyone needs to hear about how seriously SMU "fans" take their team.

We are getting what we have all asked for in our actions right now.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponypridecirca1989 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 am

03Mustang wrote:
ponypridecirca1989 wrote:Very, very sad. I feel bad for the players/cheerleaders/band etc.

I say this as someone who has kids in youth sports myself and occasionally has a conflict that requires me to miss a game, but until our fans show up anyway and in force, comments like this say all anyone needs to hear about how seriously SMU "fans" take their team.

We are getting what we have all asked for in our actions right now.

I agree that I can't complain when I am not in the seats myself for most games. I wish they were late afternoon/evening rather than mostly 11am/noon/2pm, but that's just the way it is.
In my partial defense, I was one of about 20 Mustang fans in a sea of Red Raiders a few years ago in Lubbock - had a blast, but almost passed out from the heat.

I do plan to attend the final 2 home games and stay for the entire game.
ponypridecirca1989

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 am

We have not won big in 30 years...let's win first before giving up on attendance.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:18 am

ponypridecirca1989 wrote:In my partial defense, I was one of about 20 Mustang fans in a sea of Red Raiders a few years ago in Lubbock - had a blast, but almost passed out from the heat.

2010? Where we lost by a touchdown. I made the made the mistake of allowing my Tech brother-in-law get tickets. I was the lone blue shirt in my entire area. Loved cheering while the grumpy Tech fans sat quietly!
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football