PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU should sue June for Fraud

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU should sue June for Fraud

Postby lwjr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Before I start, I do understand this could not and will not ever happen. I am also tired of beating up on June, even though he deserves it. But The bottom line is, this team is not even competitive. They are so overmatched it is embarrasing. It P*sses me off the more I watch them play. Yes all of the coaches are responsible but they do what they are told by one person, the head coach.
How can a division I team be so inept? He would not recruit, he would not adjust his offense to fit the players he recruited. His ego would not allow him to change up play calling each week. It was the same thing every week. We all could figure out what plays were going to be called 50% of the time.
Why couldn't the "QB Guru" recruit a decent QB to play for him? Why wouldn't he recruit Texas, why would he not even recruit the DFW area? I will not say he did not care but you have to wonder sometimes. He would burn players red shirt eligibility for the sake of 5 to 10 plays a year. He always had a nonchalant attitude no matter if we won or lost. We all could list pages of how inept he and his methods were.
After following college football for 35 to 40 years, I have never witnessed anything like I am seeing now. It all falls on the head coach.
To top it off he walks away from his team two games into this season. Part of me is glad he left the other part of me wanted him to stay so he could he could face the ridicule and abuse he deserves to face. I don't know if he is struggling with inner demons or not. If he is and has been for the last 6-8 months like we were told, then he should have stepped away at that time. As time wears on, I have some doubts about his reasons for quitting on his team. If he is dealing with inner demons I truely hope he can defeat what is bothering him. But that does not excuse what has been going on for the last two, three or four years.
This man is a fraud and sold this program down the river for two million a year. Again, I know it can not and will not happen but if a school had a case to sue a head coach over not putting forth an effort to fullfil his expected requirements of his contract here it is.
Please, all of the lawyers on here do not need to jump on me about contracts. I am just a frustrated fan that loves his school and is deeply hurt and embarrasseed by what I see on the field.
I apologize for the long rant.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU should sue June for Fraud

Postby Arkpony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Well said.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:04 pm

I think the frustrating thing as a fan is the narrative that is out there among the few media that follow the program (The Goose, 105.3 The Fan, Norm, etc.) that June just wasn't given what he needed to succeed here.

June Jones flat out quit and stole money from this school for the past several years since Arizona State. Anyone who has followed this thing over the past few years could see it. The scary thing is that it really didn't seem to bother RGT/Hart/CoC until after the UNT game even June knew he had to go.

The lack of true leadership and vision is what makes me worried about our future. I just don't know that SMU is committed to excellence in football.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Nice read
Take a deep breath
Now go enjoy the rest of the weekend :D
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby smupony94 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Stallion will take the case pro boner
smupony94

Postby lwjr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Stallion wrote:Nice read
Take a deep breath

I'm fine, I just have to quit watching for the rest of the season.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

smupony94 wrote:Stallion will take the case pro boner

That's why I could never be a lawyer. Everything I would do would be pro boner
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm

lwjr wrote:
Take a deep breath

You get treble damages under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby lwjr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Stallion wrote:
lwjr wrote:
Take a deep breath

You get treble damages under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act

Thank you, counselor. What's your cut? lol
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:18 pm

if Red Bulls doesn't give you wings, June didn't deliver on his promise to coach & recruit. :D
GiddyUp

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:48 pm

smupony94 wrote:Stallion will take the case pro boner

June should be VERY concerned!
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby redpony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Obviously we can't (the university) do much. However,as fans we should flood every fan board of any school that is rumored to be interviewing/ interested in him and tell them how he screwed us and how terrible of a coach he is. The fans at ASU made that work. If we have enough people post then perhaps we can prevent other schools from getting hosed like we did.
redpony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:59 pm

redpony wrote:Obviously we can't (the university) do much. However,as fans we should flood every fan board of any school that is rumored to be interviewing/ interested in him and tell them how he screwed us and how terrible of a coach he is. The fans at ASU made that work. If we have enough people post then perhaps we can prevent other schools from getting hosed like we did.

Definitely.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby smumustang1980 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Stallion wrote:
lwjr wrote:
Take a deep breath

Laughing... sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress...
Last edited by smumustang1980 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:03 pm

June should have bailed last year-now its on his permanent record. He may have blown any chance to get a job now

Stallion

Next

Return to Football