PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Morris and 3pts?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Morris and 3pts?

Postby Pony in SA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 pm

I understand love for chad Morris and if we get him I'll support him, but more I watch and read about him I don't know he's a savior. Only 3 pts so far against bad Syracuse team and he does call some head scratching plays like double reverses on 3rd and 1, throwing deep, etc
I don't know if his system will be too complicated for players we can get to come here, or if we can get type of kids he needs for his system
Hopefully he can recruit like everyone says and again that's obviously what I wish happens but some of his trickery on offense just seems unnecessary when it's like 3rd and 2
Pony in SA
All-American

Re: Morris and 3pts?

Postby sbsmith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Fire Morris?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby fifty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Rick hart should fire him
fifty
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Starting QB hurt last week.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Probably been staying up late putting his resume together for Hart.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Big12Mustang » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Meacham convinced me. SMU should mail him the papers tonight.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony in SA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Starting QB hurt last week.

That's really my concern because Clemsons second string QB probably better than who we would have. When you watch his offense it's multiple sets, motion, etc and just hope he recruits kids who can run it bc I doubt current roster can
Got to remember at place like lake Travis he probably had some advantages and kids with private coaches, kids who went to camps, etc
Again I hope if he's our choice it works out, after 24 years of supporting this god knows I want us to get this hire right, I just am concerned he's not automatic savior some claim
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Pony in SA wrote:

That's really my concern because Clemsons second string QB probably better than who we would have. When you watch his offense it's multiple sets, motion, etc and just hope he recruits kids who can run it bc I doubt current roster can
Got to remember at place like lake Travis he probably had some advantages and kids with private coaches, kids who went to camps, etc
Again I hope if he's our choice it works out, after 24 years of supporting this god knows I want us to get this hire right, I just am concerned he's not automatic savior some claim

It will probably take him a couple of classes to get a QB unless Davis is more suited to his offense.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony in SA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Pony in SA wrote:

It will probably take him a couple of classes to get a QB unless Davis is more suited to his offense.

That makes sense. Let's hope we fund staff also that can recruit what he needs
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby White Helmet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Stoudt was the starter to begin the season. The guy that got hurt took over in the Florida state game and was a true fr so maybe the offense isn't too hard to pick up.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby sbsmith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Pony in SA wrote:That's really my concern because Clemsons second string QB probably better than who we would have. When you watch his offense it's multiple sets, motion, etc and just hope he recruits kids who can run it bc I doubt current roster can

We don't have the kids to run any of the offenses that our candidates use. Morris is not an "automatic savior" and neither are the rest of the candidates as they all have issues.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 pm

White Helmet wrote:

Stoudt was the starter to begin the season. The guy that got hurt took over in the Florida state game and was a true fr so maybe the offense isn't too hard to pick up.

Good point.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Ponymon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Pony in SA wrote:That's really my concern because Clemsons second string QB probably better than who we would have. When you watch his offense it's multiple sets, motion, etc and just hope he recruits kids who can run it bc I doubt current roster can

We don't have the kids to run any of the offenses that our candidates use. Morris is not an "automatic savior" and neither are the rest of the candidates as they all have issues.

I am sure he can "coach them up" just like June has "coached up" our current roster of kids.
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:07 pm

This is why I prefer a proven commodity head coach. That said, Morris did pretty good at Tulsa
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby sbsmith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 pm

couch 'em wrote:This is why I prefer a proven commodity head coach. That said, Morris did pretty good at Tulsa

I'd like a proven commodity too but we don't have a shot in hell at any of the legit ones. The best we can do is an up and coming G5 coach (pickings are slim this year) or a retread.

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Next

Return to Football