PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coordinator Watch

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Coordinator Watch

Postby footballdad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Stallion wrote:No TCU recruited Boykin as a QB from Day 1-played him as a Freshman, Sophomore and Junior as a QB. Did you follow his high school career? The kid was an awesome talent

Can't say I did follow his high school career as closely as you many have. Have certainly watched him as a TCU QB the last few years. Nobody has ever argued against his athletic talent, but I think it's safe to say he was regarded by the majority of fans and 'experts' alike, as a mediocre to poor QB last year. You may have noticed his arm strength, but everything else about him as a QB, from decision making to accuracy was pretty bad last year. Hell, JaMarcus Russell had a cannon as well, didn't make him a good QB.

Enter Meachum, Cumbie and a new scheme and he's suddenly lighting up score boards and getting heisman mention. I take my hat off to the kid and the TCU staff, but you can't seriously say you saw this coming?
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 pm

mrydel wrote:I made the statement a couple of years ago that I thought Boykin was better than Pachall. The TCU people shredded me. Wonder now if they still disagree with me?

I would say luckily for him and TCU, Patterson brought in Meachum & Cumbie and changed the scheme. If not, Boykin may have very well had a repeat of last years performance while the fans called for his head and begged for one of the younger, hot shot recruits to get their opportunity.

Again, kudos to Meachum, Cumbie & Boykin, one of the biggest offensive turnarounds in college football in a long time.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Let me rephrase, no redshirt can burned without discussion with those that have a vested interest in the long term future of program.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:13 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:Let me rephrase, no redshirt can burned without discussion with those that have a vested interest in the long term future of program.

Like us?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football