PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SI: June on SMU (today 10/29)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SI: June on SMU (today 10/29)

Postby Mustang75 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 pm

I was told that there was no settlement paid and he was paid only through the end of September which on a calendar year would be over 1.5 mil.
Mustang75
Varsity

Postby footballdad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 pm

His ego will not allow him to keep his mouth shut. He sees that the blame is finally shifting in his direction and he can't allow that to happen. He must have truly believed he would just walk away from his own debacle, blame it on the school, with help from the Beasley's and Dickerson's of the world, and walk right into another multi-million dollar payday.

All hail the guru and messiah who saved SMU. Not this time con man! I would be shocked if any D1 school gave this guy another shot at this point. If any prospective employer does just a tiny bit of research, they will quickly find this guy is a loon.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm

footballdad wrote:His ego will not allow him to keep his mouth shut.

Of course not. He's starting the media PR blitz to make it look like it was all SMU's fault so he can get back into coaching and have no one question why he failed so miserably in his last years here.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby fifty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm

" But I know one thing, what we did was miraculous and I’m not looking back on it in any other way than that."
fifty
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Man. . .June is constantly spinning. If coaching doesn't work out, he should think about taking a job with Russian television.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:25 pm

He'll land on his feet in Hawaii. Wish him the best, but wish us even better luck. Let's play them in Hawaii and romp them.
mustangxc

Postby sbsmith » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:36 pm

RGV Pony wrote:I'm not one to belittle the struggles someone else faces, but...

Asked about the personal reasons behind his resignation, Jones explained that “he was trying run the whole thing, get everything right,” and hadn’t been sleeping hardly at all. We’re talking like a few hours of sleep a night.

http://footballscoop.com/news/june-jone ... -sleeping/

Nothing but softballs, just the way June likes it. He's shaped the narrative to his advantage and has everyone focused on a bunch of imaginary issues at SMU. Well played, June.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Mustang75 wrote:I was told that there was no settlement paid and he was paid only through the end of September which on a calendar year would be over 1.5 mil.

With everything you know about June Jones, ask yourself, "Does that sound like June Jones?"

Of course not. He wasn't going to leave that much $$$ on the table.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby lwjr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:56 pm

mustangxc wrote:He'll land on his feet in Hawaii. Wish him the best, but wish us even better luck. Let's play them in Hawaii and romp them.

Reading a few comments a while back on a Hawaii football board he would not be welcomed back by most of the posters. Some commented they would not mind him coming back as the OC but not the HC.
But it was a message board
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Stallion » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Nice retort by SMUDad in Comment Section
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:58 pm

I guess now we know where Dickerson was getting his information from.

“They’ve got to help the kids.” Jones explained. “They’ve got to get some tutors, academics more toward the student-athletes. They’ve made strides in that area, but they’ve got to go a lot further … The campus is unbelievable.”

“It’s just a tough gig. It will be tough for the next guy, too.”
Last edited by Rebel10 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Mustang75 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:With everything you know about June Jones, ask yourself, "Does that sound like June Jones?"

Of course not. He wasn't going to leave that much $$$ on the table.

You're probably right...
Mustang75
Varsity

Postby Digetydog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

RGV Pony wrote:I'm not one to belittle the struggles someone else faces, but...

Asked about the personal reasons behind his resignation, Jones explained that “he was trying run the whole thing, get everything right,” and hadn’t been sleeping hardly at all. We’re talking like a few hours of sleep a night.

http://footballscoop.com/news/june-jone ... -sleeping/

I didn't sleep the entire month of September. Maybe I should have left my 1 year old son (who gave me every disease this side of Ebola) in a basket a the fire department? Now that I think about it, a 21 day quarantine would be nice.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm

mustangxc wrote:He'll land on his feet in Hawaii. Wish him the best, but wish us even better luck. Let's play them in Hawaii and romp them.

So June just made a public statement that will could make it even tougher for SMU to hire a good coach and you are wishing him luck. I know you were one of the June supporters but that is ridiculous. Only a fool would say something like that after Jones just publicly downed SMU again.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Junior » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm

footballdad wrote:“I just kind of had a couple of weird things happen, but that was just because I hadn’t been sleeping.” Jones added that he he hadn’t slept much over the past 20 years; but “then all of a sudden started sleeping about an hour every night.”

....WTF does that even mean? Just a bunch of lying, back-pedaling gibberish!

“They’ve got to help the kids.” Jones explained. “They’ve got to get some tutors, academics more toward the student-athletes."

As a parent I can tell everyone here, with 100% certainty that this is BS, he is a liar, and just making excuses. Every player on this team has as much access as they want or need to tutors for any class they want. If they just don't show up to class, or don't show up for tutoring then it's on them.

exactly what i was thinkning..

"well, i haven't been sleeping well lately. well, i've had trouble sleeping the last twenty years."
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Football