PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I'm really proud of Ponyfans

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I'm really proud of Ponyfans

Postby OR-See-Nee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

I'm proud of you all. I'm sick of JJ and his consistently false comments about SMU.

I'm proud of those of you who are going to social media and openly challenging his assertions.

I hope more of us will do that (I need to). While that blogger dude doesn't listen to fans, there's more than enough evidence that SMU can be a great place to coach football and that the reason we're not doing well this year is solely upon JJ.

My recommendation is that when JJ or one of his kind speak untruths about the SMU situation, we respond with facts.

Thank God that Larry Brown is here because he's Exhibit Number 1 that coaches can be successful here if they want to be.

--LB recruits across the country. That costs $$$ to do that. So $$$ isn't a problem.

--LB's recruits get into school. So academic admissions isn't a problem.

--As FootballDad wrote, we have tons of tutors and academic help. Support isn't a problem.

--We have local high school coaches who want our football coaches to come to them. It's not like our local coaches have closed doors to us. Their doors are open. JJ and crew simply wouldn't drive to the high school. [url]Exhibit Number 2 is this article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleg ... oaches.ece[/url]

--If SMU wins, you'll be treated like a God(father). How cool would it be to see local pro football players in the stands for football games like they are at our basketball games?

It may be awkward and perhaps even unprofessional for the SMU administration to publicly react whenever JJ makes one of his ridiculous statements. But we can in a thoughtful, professional way, not only to protect others from what JJ did to us recently, but to protect the image of our school.

So for those who are responding, thanks and I'm proud to call you a fellow Mustang. I'm going to start responding, also.
/No Hate. Just Facts. Occasional sarcasm.
OR-See-Nee
Heisman

Re: I'm really proud of Ponyfans

Postby DiamondM75 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:17 am

Great post.

A lot said.

Thanks
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:47 am

Well said.

If SMU is not going to proactively (or even REactively) try to win this PR battle, WE will have to on a grassroots level.

Like it or not (real or imagined), there is still this perception that SMU is a "hard" place to win/get the solid recruits because of some kind of school imposed limitation. Hopefully, this doesn't negatively impact our getting a top notch coach who then will, in turn, get top notch assistants and some top tier recruits.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 am

ojaipony wrote:Well said.

If SMU is not going to proactively (or even REactively) try to win this PR battle, WE will have to on a grassroots level.

Like it or not (real or imagined), there is still this perception that SMU is a "hard" place to win/get the solid recruits because of some kind of school imposed limitation. Hopefully, this doesn't negatively impact our getting a top notch coach who then will, in turn, get top notch assistants and some top tier recruits.

A coach who is too stupid to see the truth is not a coach we want anyways. I have confidence that our next coach will see right thru the June Jones charade.

Actually, the coach we really want will be really motivated by the reality that June Jones was the ENTIRE problem with the program. All he'll have to do to turn an absolute nightmare into a winning program will be to lead and motivate the players, promote the school, and recruit. Pretty basic stuff for the millions he's about to receive.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby OR-See-Nee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:16 pm

I agree with FootballDad about coaches and their ability to see through JJ's lies.

I think we need to wage this positive PR battle not so much for the coaches, but for the press, bloggers, recruits, parents, and anyone else who has only been told the falsehood that there are too many barriers to winning here.

The ultimate disappointment I have with JJ is that he showed that with even a modicum of talent and a tired offensive scheme, one can win here.
/No Hate. Just Facts. Occasional sarcasm.
OR-See-Nee
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

i think we are the easiest turn around in the country. With our resources, state of texas recruiting, and a not so tough conference - there is a statute just waiting to be cast for someone who has some smarts and energy.

its a lay up. I'd say it is like having the ball on the 1 yd line, but in the run and shoot that is the wrong analogy.
gostangs

Postby ojaipony » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:03 pm

footballdad wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Well said.

A coach who is too stupid to see the truth is not a coach we want anyways. I have confidence that our next coach will see right thru the June Jones charade.

Actually, the coach we really want will be really motivated by the reality that June Jones was the ENTIRE problem with the program. All he'll have to do to turn an absolute nightmare into a winning program will be to lead and motivate the players, promote the school, and recruit. Pretty basic stuff for the millions he's about to receive.

Wow. Damn good post! Love it.
ojaipony

Postby SMU Football Blog » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:37 pm

OR-See-Nee wrote:
I hope more of us will do that (I need to). While that blogger dude doesn't listen to fans, there's more than enough evidence that SMU can be a great place to coach football and that the reason we're not doing well this year is solely upon JJ.

Any idiot can have a blog.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Football Blog » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:39 pm

We must all have a voice and use it.

I would counsel everyone to be firm, but also polite.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:22 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:
OR-See-Nee wrote:

Any idiot can have a blog.

We need yours back on line! Come on!
smusic 00

Return to Football