PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game ON!!!! link to KSU message board -

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Game ON!!!! link to KSU message board -

Postby Corso » Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:17 pm

"Not so fast my friend!"

AuditCat - you're killing me. That's my line.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby ChrisFowler » Mon Jun 25, 2001 12:39 pm

PK, I agree with what you're saying - I love college football and will watch whatever is on; but can't believe that anyone besides SMU and K-State fans wants to see this game.

To give myself reason to want to see this game, I'll give you whatever the opening pointspread is on it.
ChrisFowler
Recruit

Postby PK » Mon Jun 25, 2001 12:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisFowler:
<B>I love college football and will watch whatever is on; but can't believe that anyone besides SMU and K-State fans wants to see this game.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you could probably make the very same statement for any of the other early games and their fans if the key word here is "wants". However horrible a matchup this may or may not be, It will beat the hell out of any (and I mean ANY) of the pro preseason shams called games. At least these guys will be playing for something. SMU to prove they belong and KSU to not get embarassed.

We'll talk about giving or taking the point spread later.

Go Mustangs!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football