PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Homecoming - Football Lettermen on the Boulevard

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby mustangfan01 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Quickly wanted to put this up here. I haven't broadcast it on PF this year but wanted to reach out to any SMU Football Alumni who are in town for Homecoming, or just habitual Pony Fans lurkers, and let you guys know that there's a Boulevard spot with your name on it.

Our (SMU Football Alumni) tent is right in front of Cox's Maguire building. We decided that the Boulevard needed a place for SMU Football Alumni to gather, share drinks, and reminisce about Phil Bennett's mustache (or whatever your heart desires). This is our first year officially hosting a tent so we're working hard to increase the turnout and keeping our coolers stocked. Right now most of the guys are from teams from the last ten years but we would really enjoy the opportunity to meet and get to know any of you Lettermen from earlier squads.

If you know Lettermen who may not see this, we would appreciate it if you could spread the word on our behalf too. This is the first year in what we're hoping is an annual Boulevard tradition going forward. Looking forward to meeting more of y'all.

Brayden Harris
2004-2007
mustangfan01
Varsity

Re: Homecoming - Football Lettermen on the Boulevard

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Cool
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby GiddyUp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

great idea. I'm sure Lance and David Richards could rally some people.
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Dave Richards is a rally.
ponyboy

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Great job. Hope it grows and that 'older' lettermen come by to participate. Maybe the great ponyte and mrydel could share a certain blocking story with you guys.
smusic 00

Postby mrydel » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Aghhhhhhhhh
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smumustang11 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:43 am

Bump. Brayden and I have setup the SMU Football Alumni tent again this year. Our tent is in front of Maguire(spot 135) and we will be there all season. The tent was started so that all football alums (and any PonyfFans needing a spot to hang) would have a place to enjoy before the game. Looking forward to reconnecting with old teammates tonight before beating Baylor! Let me or Brayden know if you have any trouble finding the tent or have any questions. PONY UP!

Andrew Galloway
2004-2008
I like sports and I don't care who knows.
smumustang11
Scout Team

Postby ponyte » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks for the invite. The bus ride home after the game with 'the block' is a much better story.
ponyte

Postby Treadway21 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:46 am

smumustang11 wrote:Bump. Brayden and I have setup the SMU Football Alumni tent again this year. Our tent is in front of Maguire(spot 135) and we will be there all season. The tent was started so that all football alums (and any PonyfFans needing a spot to hang) would have a place to enjoy before the game. Looking forward to reconnecting with old teammates tonight before beating Baylor! Let me or Brayden know if you have any trouble finding the tent or have any questions. PONY UP!

Andrew Galloway
2004-2008

Sweet - glad y'all are staying involved. Getting alumni engaged will make a huge difference. We have been missing this for may years. Hope to catch y'all at a home game soon - even tho I was a soccer player.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Return to Football